Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    I really agree with all of this.

I just wanted to highlight the bolded point of view regarding characterization (love triangles, self doubt, etc), because its true: its been done to death and theres simply no need for it. I have read many many complaints about that missing element on these forums which just make me scratch my head, do readers really want that kind of stuff so badly? Glad to know Im not the only one that couldnt care less for it.
    Didn't Cannonball and Sunspot already had their Love triangle about 30 years ago in New Mutants?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Didn't Cannonball and Sunspot already had their Love triangle about 30 years ago in New Mutants?
    Yeah they did. It was between Cannonball/Boom Boom/Sunspot.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Hate these clickbait thread titles that give no indication of the contents

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    I really agree with all of this.

I just wanted to highlight the bolded point of view regarding characterization (love triangles, self doubt, etc), because its true: its been done to death and theres simply no need for it. I have read many many complaints about that missing element on these forums which just make me scratch my head, do readers really want that kind of stuff so badly? Glad to know Im not the only one that couldnt care less for it.
    Yeah, I just don't see the need. If it's integral to the story, sure, go ahead with it. But to just have the soapy stuff just for the sake of soap? Ugh forget it. Especially when the writer who follows will likely just undo it if he wants to.

These characters generally do not grow. They're archetypes at this point. So why even have the illusion of growth? Seems pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Exactly my point. Almost all the "character growth" that we see was already done. Or a slight variation.