Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bendis' Legion of Super Heroes

legion-of-superheroes-1-cover-dc-comics-reboot.jpg

Here is one of the covers to Legion of Super Heroes #1

I think this is not the final version , beacause they will correct it to make Lightning Lad white ansd Bouncing Boy black!

I had to look closely to even find Bouncing Boy. Even though Bendis is writing this I’m looking forward to their return.

I believe Lightning Lad is correct.

For all the Legion stuff, you may want to catch up with the other thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...is-and-Sook-An

Note: I just saw the Bleeding Cool article. Guess we'll see what we get when it releases.
    We've seen more art with LL being black and it's now been officially announced as a reboot, so that's the version I expect to see.

Whether he is or isn't doesn't impact my interest, however. I could care less.
    I'm still indifferent.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 08-16-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Seriously, you can’t even see bouncing boy on the cover, so I don’t know why it’s such a big deal.

It's nice to see the Legion smiling and happy, at least.

Most of their redesigns and costumes are awful. Cosmic Boy looks less like the Legion's Captain America than he does like Magnetic Kid, Ultra Boy's suit colors are all messed up, Star Boy's golden skin looks just plain damn weird, I hate Triplicate Girl's three different hair colors, Timberwolf looks less like a wolf than a bear, and poor Element Lad looks like a Bizarro! And does Lightning Lad have two differently colored eyes?

But I can't even pretend I'm not still excited. It's the sprocking Legion. Of course I'm excited. Of course I'm going to read it. It's not every day that DC puts out a Legion book these days. dammit. So I'll pick it up.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Timberwolf looks less like a wolf than a bear,
    Yeah, that is funny, in retrospect. He should be called Grizzly Bear or something, since he's nothing like a lean, lanky Timber Wolf.

Hopefully he's still got super-agility/super-acrobatics. Between Blok, Colossal Boy and usually Ultra Boy, the Legion is hardly lacking for blunt trauma fighters who just sort of plow in headfirst, and it could totally use a more agile dynamic fighter like Marvel's Spider-Man or Nightcrawler, or DC's Nightwing.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like Jon has been taken captive

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When you put it that way, all the bright and smiling faces kind of makes it look like a cult .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When you put it that way, all the bright and smiling faces kind of makes it look like a cult .
    ...It's not?

Mighty Member

Bendis doesn't care about continuity and even if he has sometimes very good ideas, he doesn't know how to finish his stories. His lastest Dc comics were very good, but I'm worried.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Not likely, for all my misgivings about this direction it does seem positive in concept insofar as the Legion members are concerned. Hopefully they're smiling and happy just because they're in general a happy bunch.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-16-2019 at 06:47 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Not likely, for all my misgivings about this direction it does seem positive in concept insofar as the Legion members are concerned. Hopefully they're smiling and happy just because they're in general a happy bunch.
    Now I'm half expecting the cult twist.
    Jon: Uh, guys? Can I go home to visit my family?
    Legion as a whole: You ARE home, Jon. One of us. One of us. One of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I believe Lightning Lad is correct.

For all the Legion stuff, you may want to catch up with the other thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...is-and-Sook-An

Note: I just saw the Bleeding Cool article. Guess we'll see what we get when it releases.
    We've seen more art with LL being black and it's now been officially announced as a reboot, so that's the version I expect to see.

Whether he is or isn't doesn't impact my interest, however. I could care less.
    I'm still indifferent.
    Weird they choose Lightning Lad to make black. There's so many lightning/electric themed black heroes you'd think they choose someone else like maybe Karate Kid or someone just to be different. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Weird they choose Lightning Lad to make black. There's so many lightning/electric themed black heroes you'd think they choose someone else like maybe Karate Kid or someone just to be different. Meh.
    They jumped on the cliche of race-changing a redheaded character into a black one on-top of the electricity-based black hero cliche.