Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They jumped on the cliche of race-changing a redheaded character into a black one on-top of the electricity-based black hero cliche.
    Seriously, what is it about electric types and redheads that make them the first choice to racebend? It's just odd how predictable it is.

Bye Jon, say hi to Chris Kent for me

Lightning Lad is still a red head at least.

This is not an LSH I can get behind.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Lightning Lad is still a red head at least.
    Am I the only one who thinks he kind of looks like Keiynan Lonsdale?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Seriously, you can’t even see bouncing boy on the cover, so I don’t know why it’s such a big deal.
    He’s there. The furthest away. The most obscured. The hardest to see. I wonder if he’ll even be in the book.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Not likely, for all my misgivings about this direction it does seem positive in concept insofar as the Legion members are concerned. Hopefully they're smiling and happy just because they're in general a happy bunch.
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/d...-heroes-reboot

Apparently the sense of fun, wonder, and general joy is a very deliberate choice for not just the cover, but also the book itself by Bendis.

Bendis: "I can say that the time is now for the Legion of Super-Heroes because the story of the Legion is a group of heroes who get together and try to live the best versions of themselves through unity and living the ideal lives of heroes. That’s the world we need right now. That’s the world we are not getting outside our window. It is such an honor to reveal a hopeful future where everyone gathers together to be the best version of themselves."

"I’m so happy that the Legion’s legacy, going back to the earliest days, has always been about peace. This isn’t something new, this was the most hopeful world in comics."
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/d...-heroes-reboot

Apparently the sense of fun, wonder, and general joy is a very deliberate choice for not just the cover, but also the book itself by Bendis.

Bendis: "I can say that the time is now for the Legion of Super-Heroes because the story of the Legion is a group of heroes who get together and try to live the best versions of themselves through unity and living the ideal lives of heroes. That’s the world we need right now. That’s the world we are not getting outside our window. It is such an honor to reveal a hopeful future where everyone gathers together to be the best version of themselves."

"I’m so happy that the Legion’s legacy, going back to the earliest days, has always been about peace. This isn’t something new, this was the most hopeful world in comics."
    Who would've thought Bendis would be the one to carry the torch of the happy and positiveness of DC heroes amidst all the stuff DC Editorial is trying to push.

Not that I mind .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Not likely, for all my misgivings about this direction it does seem positive in concept insofar as the Legion members are concerned. Hopefully they're smiling and happy just because they're in general a happy bunch.
    He is in the future now away from all present day books and away from his friends and famil, so if this book fails he could be lost to limbo, so yeah it concerns me

Im definitely looking forward to the legion coming back, hopefully some of these costumes don't stick, Bendis has been on a roll lately, and maybe he can stick the landing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When you put it that way, all the bright and smiling faces kind of makes it look like a cult .
    Frankly, I think fans being obsessed with heroes being all "smiling and happy" are the ones who look like a cult. What is up with this creepy and off-putting fetish of y'all's?

Saturn Girls outfit is complete trash
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8