Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I adored Superboy-Prime during his brief moment in the spotlight. I think the disproportionately vocal and grumpy fanboy segment of comics fandom is deserving of as much mockery and teasing as the venom, snark, and impotent rage they dish out on a regular basis. That said, the joke Geoff Johns was making with the character has been played out. I don't think there's anything left to say with Superboy-Prime, particularly now that the worst, most toxic parts of comics fandom have metastasized into something even worse than Johns was mocking back then.

Unless Johns wants to bring Superboy-Prime to say something new about that, I think it'd be best to let the character remain in limbo.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    Wasn’t he alluded to at the end of flash war? Being locked up or something? What am I thinking about?
    It was a guy identified as CRISIS, who hates the Flashes and talks about universes living and dying. I also think he Is Superboy Prime, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    It was a guy identified as CRISIS, who hates the Flashes and talks about universes living and dying. I also think he Is Superboy Prime, but who knows.
    Currently they are looking for anti monitor in justice league. It could be him.

I can’t remember what happened to anti monitor at the end of Darkseid war?

Kind of makes me wonder if, now that the source wall was broken in Metal, they'll bring him back again.

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    Currently they are looking for anti monitor in justice league. It could be him.

I can’t remember what happened to anti monitor at the end of Darkseid war?
    He was killed by Steve Trevor if I remember correctly.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I adored Superboy-Prime during his brief moment in the spotlight. I think the disproportionately vocal and grumpy fanboy segment of comics fandom is deserving of as much mockery and teasing as the venom, snark, and impotent rage they dish out on a regular basis. That said, the joke Geoff Johns was making with the character has been played out. I don't think there's anything left to say with Superboy-Prime, particularly now that the worst, most toxic parts of comics fandom have metastasized into something even worse than Johns was mocking back then.

Unless Johns wants to bring Superboy-Prime to say something new about that, I think it'd be best to let the character remain in limbo.
    I'm a strong believer in redemption in most cases. I would like to see Superboy-Prime be offered an opportunity for redemption, and I would like to see him rise to the occasion and take it.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I'm a strong believer in redemption in most cases. I would like to see Superboy-Prime be offered an opportunity for redemption, and I would like to see him rise to the occasion and take it.

That'd be a tall order for Superboy-Prime. After Infinite Crisis, Johns depicted Prime in the most moustache twirling manner possible

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That'd be a tall order for Superboy-Prime. After Infinite Crisis, Johns depicted Prime in the most moustache twirling manner possible
    He seemed on the cusp of it during that one story during BLACKEST NIGHT when he attacked DC's offices on Earth-Prime, but then relented after meeting his girlfriend Laurie. It seemed like he was on a verge of a breakthrough and his latent sanity was going to resurface and resume control.

In fact, that might be how they'd do the story...make it a struggle between the sane, noble Superboy-Prime of COIE and the crazy one that emerged during INFINITE CRISIS. Prime Blue and Prime Red, if you will.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

He seemed on the cusp of it during that one story during BLACKEST NIGHT when he attacked DC's offices on Earth-Prime, but then relented after meeting his girlfriend Laurie. It seemed like he was on a verge of a breakthrough and his latent sanity was going to resurface and resume control.

In fact, that might be how they'd do the story...make it a struggle between the sane, noble Superboy-Prime of COIE and the crazy one that emerged during INFINITE CRISIS. Prime Blue and Prime Red, if you will.

Speaking about Laurie, Is there any issue tells what happen after Superboy-Prime meets his girlfriend? As from what I can recall, After Blackest Night Superboy-prime latest appearance is Teen Titans
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

With the whole Dark Multiverse idea, DC now has a get out of jail free card for whomever they want, so it's certainly a possibility. I would love to see Kurt Busiek's take on Superboy-Prime return to face his Dark Multiverse counterpart