Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

As a fan I really wanna get LOSH but I just can't stomach Bendis' talking heads nonsense.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am waiting to see some more information about these, at least covers or something.
    I found this
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...100-page-giant

How accurate it is I dont know, but a new Tim seeley story, Snyders swamp thing run, Jeff lemires Animal man, and Bill Willinghams Shadowpact is what they are saying for that giant. That looks a very good combo to me.

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    I found this
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...100-page-giant

How accurate it is I dont know, but a new Tim seeley story, Snyders swamp thing run, Jeff lemires Animal man, and Bill Willinghams Shadowpact is what they are saying for that giant. That looks a very good combo to me.
    Snyder's Swamp Thing run was p--a--i--n--f--u--l--l--y s---l---o---w.
    It would be more exciting to watch dead grass grow than to deal with that in installments again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Snyder's Swamp Thing run was p--a--i--n--f--u--l--l--y s---l---o---w.
    It would be more exciting to watch dead grass grow than to deal with that in installments again.
    I found it slow too and fell off around issue 10 and ended up missing Charles soules seemingly very well received run.

Would I buy the back issues to catch up - no
    Would I buy the trades - no
    Would I read it as part of an anthology - yes.

My must reads right now are:
    Doomsday Clock
    Shazam
    Young Justice
    Superman
    Action
    Batman

My most desired upcoming books are:
    Legion
    JSA (?)

...so yeah, I'll be picking up YJ, Superman, Action, Batman and obligatorily: TT, Flash, Supergirl, WW, GL.
    That many more $$$ to spend on Marvel books. :0(

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    . . . My most desired upcoming books are:
    Legion
    JSA (?)
    Even with the question mark, that may be pretty optimistic when it comes to DC committing to a regular, on-going JSA series (unfortunately).

Mighty Member

Even with the question mark, that may be pretty optimistic when it comes to DC committing to a regular, on-going JSA series (unfortunately).
    Scott Snyder has shown interest in doing exactly that. And Snyder is certainly in a position to make something like that happen.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    I found it slow too and fell off around issue 10 and ended up missing Charles soules seemingly very well received run.

Would I buy the back issues to catch up - no
    Would I buy the trades - no
    Would I read it as part of an anthology - yes.
    I also felt that the things he was doing as homages to the Moore run felt like retreading to me.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Fantastic Member

Sooo...in the background compilation for the Birds of Prey movie there isn't ONE BoP story...

I was encouraged with their solicited appearance in upcoming JL issues...but they may be dragging their feet for the conclusion of Doomsday Clock before they launch into a JSA ongoing.

The irony is THAT series began in late 2017 and those 12 issues don't have a solicited final issue as of November '19. (Ugh).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I also felt that the things he was doing as homages to the Moore run felt like retreading to me.
    Yes unfortunately that's swamp things curse - to be doomed to live in shadow of one of DCs greatest runs.

But if they can tell new stories while snyders run does the necessary grind of an origin story whilst breaking it up with some good runs from other characters that's smart move for me. I'd pay $4 for a Tim seeley swamp thing book but I'd likely fall off quick if I had to spend $20 going through yet another origin story before book can get going.

BANNED

The Question: The Deaths Of Vic Sage #1
    Event Leviathan #6
    Batman Universe #5
    Action Comics #1017
    Hawkman #18
    Superman #17
    The Terrifics #22

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Not too much, which isn't a surprise. Honestly, if none of the new series work out then I'm just not reading DC for the first time in years. Some okay trades though.

Definitely:
    FAR SECTOR #1 - This sounded more interesting when it was announced and I believe the character was a single mum? Is that not a thing anymore or just not as big a focus? Or are they just not mentioning it? Either way, I'll give it a go.
    JOHN CONSTANTINE: HELLBLAZER #1 - Gets a few issues.
    LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #1 - Still think the new L looks like what someone from the early 2000s thought the future would look like. I'll give it a go though despite not liking Jon being aged up for this... also, are he and SAturn Girl gonna be a thing? I mean... he had a "will they/won't they" thing with Kathy Brandon, so... Idno, maybe she IS Saturn Girl or something. Doubt it though since that'd require Bendis to care about Tomasi's Superman stuff.

BLACK ORCHID TP NEW EDITION - I actually just found out about this. I thought she was just some obscure character or even a new one for Justice League Dark before, like, 3 weeks ago.
    HAWKMAN VOL. 2: DEATHBRINGER TP

Maybe:
    THE DOLLHOUSE FAMILY #1
    GREEN LANTERN: BLACKSTARS #1 - I don't know... I haven't been feeling Morrison's GL run for a while now.
    BIRDS OF PREY #2
    FLASH FORWARD #3 - So Wally is gonna be a type of Multiversal protector guy? So he's like a Multiverse version of Booster Gold? I guess it's better than a random murderer.
    THE LAST GOD #2

AQUAMAN VOL. 2: AMNESTY HC - only just started reading KSD's run and the first issue, while I don't enjoy the story of amnesiac Aquaman and separating him from Mera AGAIN, her writing style appeals to me and it has a nice mythic quality to it. We'll see.
    BATMAN: DETECTIVE COMICS VOL. 2: ARKHAM KNIGHT HC - I like this arc, as loud and unsubtle and kinda goofy as it was.
    FEMALE FURIES TP
    THE GREEN LANTERN VOL. 2: THE DAY THE STARS FELL HC
    PROMETHEA DELUXE EDITION BOOK TWO HC - Haven't gotten and read the first one yet.
    SUPERGIRL VOL. 2: SINS OF THE CIRCLE TP - Oh hey, I didn't know they followed up King's Omega Men... unless it's not that version, then I don't care. I figured Supergirl just did Rogol Zaar (or however you spell his on-the-spot D&D name) stuff.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

That Question series sounds interesting but... I'm gonna trade-wait it.

12-year-old Green Lantern is a no from me. I was keen for an Asian one too, but.. no.

Man, making Barry's suit armour should've really been something DC editorial enforced harder. Now he's gonna die from hypothermia!

So... Tim Drake went from Red Robin to, like, the Brown Bandit. That outfit... it sure exists.

That Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey cover is dope.

That Superman: For Tomorrow cover... just draw his feet, Lee! That looks like Lee definitely rushed it, or at least the inks do.

Good to see Superman: Secret Origin getting another OHC.

THERE WAS A WATCHMEN ROLEPLAYING GAME?!?!?!

Aside from that weird V on his torso, that Olivier Coipel Batman statue looks pretty cool. Also, Batman be packing.

DCAU Jason Todd looks the perfect amount of hilarious and hilariously grumpy.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    . . . BLACK ORCHID TP NEW EDITION - I actually just found out about this. I thought she was just some obscure character or even a new one for Justice League Dark before, like, 3 weeks ago . . .
    She's been around for a while, though she would probably fall into the "obscure" category if you haven't been following DC comics for many years.