Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    With Norman, there was at least an in-universe "progression" of him going from working with/leading the Thunderbolts before he got his official pardon and made the leader of SHIELD.

From people's perspective with Otto, his last known public action was trying to kill everyone in New York before seemingly "faking" his death.
    Also, Otto technically could be sent back to prison as he was serving a lengthy sentence before the events of Superior Spider-Man. He could always state he died so his sentence is no longer in effect although I doubt anyone would buy that excuse. It sucks to be Otto right now lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Norman also was able to excuse his previous actions with faux-contrition and pretending about his mental illness and was riding high on being seen as a 'savior' and so on.

Otto has no such luck. What we're about to see is some of the traditional 'Spider-Man' challenges coming Otto's way and how he (fails) to deal with them. Betting that Norman is gonna make sure he's gonna lose a lot of his money and resources, as he has plainly spent months working on this plan.

enter the florpus makes me feel like otto is just zim + quantum ranger ÷ wolverine x egon to the 8th power
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

He could literally just claim to be a clone. He doesn't look like Doctor Octopus. His DNA is only a partial match as well.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

He could easily say that, but to other heroes he hasn't hidden the fact he's Doc Ock. Interesting to see how he'll respond to the public at large...

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    With Norman, there was at least an in-universe "progression" of him going from working with/leading the Thunderbolts before he got his official pardon and made the leader of SHIELD.

From people's perspective with Otto, his last known public action was trying to kill everyone in New York before seemingly "faking" his death.
    Although you'd think more people would have batted an eye at a known Supervillain who publiclly (as far as the law is concerned) murdered numerous women being put in charge of, basically, the world government.

Marvel citizens. Gotta hate 'em .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although you'd think more people would have batted an eye at a known Supervillain who publiclly (as far as the law is concerned) murdered numerous women being put in charge of, basically, the world government.

Marvel citizens. Gotta hate 'em .
    Imagine people being stupid enough to put someone accused of harming women in charge of something. #maga

Astonishing Member

I don't know, but I guess the info revealed in the news comes from Spider-Norman. I hope this battle will make Ock to finally understand why Peter always considered Norman his greatest enemy, not him.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Imagine people being stupid enough to put someone accused of harming women in charge of something. #maga
    I know who you're talking to, and I'd defend him to high heaven if this were the thread for it, but he's twice the man Osborn is .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Norman also was able to excuse his previous actions with faux-contrition and pretending about his mental illness and was riding high on being seen as a 'savior' and so on.

Otto has no such luck. What we're about to see is some of the traditional 'Spider-Man' challenges coming Otto's way and how he (fails) to deal with them. Betting that Norman is gonna make sure he's gonna lose a lot of his money and resources, as he has plainly spent months working on this plan.
    Considering Otto was being congratulated for saving all of San Francisco in the War of the Realms just an issue earlier . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    enter the florpus makes me feel like otto is just zim + quantum ranger ÷ wolverine x egon to the 8th power
    Quantum Ranger? You liked Power Rangers Time Force, too? Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't know, but I guess the info revealed in the news comes from Spider-Norman. I hope this battle will make Ock to finally understand why Peter always considered Norman his greatest enemy, not him.
    Definitely. Norman Osborn was bad enough, but spider-powered Norman Osborn? Hmm, wonder what would happen if that version went up against Red Goblin Norman Osborn, or classic Green Goblin Norman, or even Iron Patriot Norman, given the callbacks to Dark Reign here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

why is spider-powered Norman considered to be more of a threat than goblin-serum-cult-augmented Norman?

iMan 42s

Maybe this is on me that I just didn't really look into Spidergeddon (though I did read Norman's one-shot and wasn't impressed), I think it's a big deal since it's just something we haven't seen yet. With the Green Goblin there's this whole been there done that mentality and we keep circling the rain on the same issues with the character (mostly his interactions with Gwen Stacy). So I guess since it's a different Norman with a new power-set and story potential that it's more a new approach that people are interested in.

Or maybe he just surprised people in Spidergeddon and I just missed it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Maybe this is on me that I just didn't really look into Spidergeddon (though I did read Norman's one-shot and wasn't impressed), I think it's a big deal since it's just something we haven't seen yet. With the Green Goblin there's this whole been there done that mentality and we keep circling the rain on the same issues with the character (mostly his interactions with Gwen Stacy). So I guess since it's a different Norman with a new power-set and story potential that it's more a new approach that people are interested in.

Or maybe he just surprised people in Spidergeddon and I just missed it.
    He didn't really do anything in Spider-Geddon, he just showed up alongside most of the other Spiders, most of them felt something off about him due to him being Norman, kicked him out, and then Norman (plus Spiders-Man) blew up the Web of Life.

It is mostly the idea of Norman Spider-Man that's the more threatening, exciting idea, over anything he's actually done.

Mighty Member

I really, really hope this book makes it to 25 issues. I got SO much enjoyment out of the first act and can't wait to read the second. When it comes time for issue #13 solicits I'll be anxiously checking for a listing.

What's the word for men who like older women? Gurney chaser? Otto is developing a pattern, first Aunt May and now this.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    He didn't really do anything in Spider-Geddon, he just showed up alongside most of the other Spiders, most of them felt something off about him due to him being Norman, kicked him out, and then Norman (plus Spiders-Man) blew up the Web of Life.

It is mostly the idea of Norman Spider-Man that's the more threatening, exciting idea, over anything he's actually done.
    Technically, blowing up the Web of Life and Destiny is a pretty big thing, as it's a metaphysical construct that binds reality together, so Spider-Norman could have done serious damage to the fabric of the Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I really, really hope this book makes it to 25 issues. I got SO much enjoyment out of the first act and can't wait to read the second. When it comes time for issue #13 solicits I'll be anxiously checking for a listing.

What's the word for men who like older women? Gurney chaser? Otto is developing a pattern, first Aunt May and now this.
    That's a good question, actually.
    The spider is always on the hunt.