Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    why is spider-powered Norman considered to be more of a threat than goblin-serum-cult-augmented Norman?
    Because the goblin serum, while giving him super strength, made him batshit insane. One of the points made when he was cured was that he was a bigger threat due to actually being sane.

Spider-Norman has the ruthlessness of Norman Osborn and the powers of Spider-Man without the insanity of the Green Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

Definitely. Norman Osborn was bad enough, but spider-powered Norman Osborn? Hmm, wonder what would happen if that version went up against Red Goblin Norman Osborn, or classic Green Goblin Norman, or even Iron Patriot Norman, given the callbacks to Dark Reign here.
    Crisis of Infinite Normans?

Normageddon?

Or, my personal favorite, the Norman Invasion?

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Because the goblin serum, while giving him super strength, made him batshit insane. One of the points made when he was cured was that he was a bigger threat due to actually being sane.

Spider-Norman has the ruthlessness of Norman Osborn and the powers of Spider-Man without the insanity of the Green Goblin.
    i know they said that. but they didn't show it. crazy Norman had the Void as an enforcer. he was pretty much running the world. only a crazy person would have tried to wrangle the Void and do all of that. crazy Norman killed Gwen Stacy and had Aunt May buried. sane Norman doesn't have the resume.

Astonishing Member

Default Superior Spider-Man #10 SPOILERS

One of the best SSM issues I've read as SpOck has to deal with the ramifications of his time as Doc Ock made public. There's moving moments with the boy from #4 too.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 08-21-2019 at 07:48 AM.

great issue SpOck is really coming as his own spider-man and love it although I thought they would have used Norman for the next big Spider Team up event too
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Why is this comic so good.

I mean, when they announced "New series of Superior Spider-man" I did not expect something of such quality.

Another fantastic issue. I swear this series is better than Amazing.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I've known Spider-Norman for less than 10 issues and I've never wanted anyone more dead.

otto and james and max being a real one and otto not being mad at anna maria i just can't the emotions
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Another fantastic issue. I swear this series is better than Amazing.
    It's definitely on par with ASM and I couldn't argue too hard against anyone saying it's better. I love it and this week's issue was especially awesome.

#StayWoke

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

iMan 42s

I really like the issue for the character stuff. All of it's good.

What I don't like is Spider-Norman since there's just so much more interesting things to do with him than Green Goblin with 6 arms. The motivation is weak for the potential it carries and that might just be on me for not looking into Spidergeddon, but that goes from 0-100 real quick for his motivations to do this. Yes it's Osborn but if you just wanted Green Goblin, just use Green Goblin.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Agreed. 616 Norman already ruined Otto's life once at the end of the first Superior run, would rather have seen Otto go up against him than Spider-Norman. Now I'm wondering since Norman ended the first Superior run, will Spider-Norman end this one?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Agreed. 616 Norman already ruined Otto's life once at the end of the first Superior run, would rather have seen Otto go up against him than Spider-Norman. Now I'm wondering since Norman ended the first Superior run, will Spider-Norman end this one?
    According to Comicchron;
    January: 37,684
    February: 31,028
    March: 29,088
    April: 26,663
    May: 22,580
    June: 22,535
    July: 21,098

This does not take into account digital sales or the trade.

We have up to Issue 12 solicited so I'm not sure. It's doing okay in sales but it is slumping. My guess is that it's something to do with the release schedule not helped by the gluttony of Amazing Spider-man titles around it given Hunted ran through it and the various mini-series. Ironically Superior may be dying the same fate the spinoffs got during it's original run.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

A fantastic issue. Seriously. Following up from SpiderGeddon Norman is fine with me and daaaang. Can't wait to see the fallout from Otto being exposed.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

spoilers:
    If Emma's dead . . . Norman pays.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.