Default Enemy Ace Comic Question

With the hundredth anniversary of World War I why didn't DC put a new version of Enemy Ace? They could have done it as a miniseries.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    With the hundredth anniversary of World War I why didn't DC put a new version of Enemy Ace? They could have done it as a miniseries.
    It could have even been a one-shot.

But DC doesn't like stories about the 20th century. Hell, we didn't even get any WWII comic book specials commemorating the 75th anniversary of D-Day this year, did we?!?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Enemy Ace has traditionally been viewed as a Joe Kubert character. DC generally left the character alone unless Kubert wanted to do something with him, or he gave permission for another creator to make use of him. Since his death in 2012, DC has been stingy about letting anyone use him outside of the occasional guest shot (which have the side benefit of helping DC retain their copyright on the character).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It could have even been a one-shot.

But DC doesn't like stories about the 20th century. Hell, we didn't even get any WWII comic book specials commemorating the 75th anniversary of D-Day this year, did we?!?
    DC's newest solicits show one of their new Giant titles is called DC War Giant. Some new material with classic reprints, whatever that means. Hopefully Sgt. Rock stories. Maybe Enemy Ace, too. I'll take it!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Enemy Ace has traditionally been viewed as a Joe Kubert character. DC generally left the character alone unless Kubert wanted to do something with him, or he gave permission for another creator to make use of him. Since his death in 2012, DC has been stingy about letting anyone use him outside of the occasional guest shot (which have the side benefit of helping DC retain their copyright on the character).
    Enemy Ace wasnt a Joe Kubert creation though and in prologue to War Idyll Kubert says he only met George Pratt and saw his work once the book was underway.

Somewhere online there is an interview with George Pratt where he describes how book was commissioned and it had nothing to do with Kubert at all
    Last edited by iron chimp; 08-17-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    Enemy Ace wasnt a Joe Kubert creation though and in prologue to War Idyll Kubert says he only met George Pratt and saw his work once the book was underway.

Somewhere online there is an interview with George Pratt where he describes how book was commissioned and it had nothing to do with Kubert at all
    As far as I know, Enemy Ace was created by Kaningher & Kubert. War Idyll was done under a different editorial management. I was talking about more recently. I am sure something will get done with Enemy Ace sooner or later, but I don’t think DC is in any rush to have anyone do anything significant with the character unless it's something really special.