Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orion vs. Asura

Extraordinary Member

Default Orion vs. Asura

Orion, Son of Darkseid, Dog of War.

vs.

Asura, wielder of the Mantra of Wrath and loving father.

Who wins in this battle?

Notes

-Orion is Post Crisis

-Asura has the Mantra Engine of the Karma Fortress installed

Bonus round: They sit and talk

Isnt Asura the planet sized planet buster? That shouod be out of Orion's weight class figuratively and literally
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Isnt Asura the planet sized planet buster? That shouod be out of Orion's weight class figuratively and literally
    He's a planet buster in one of his weaker normal human sized forms. Then he goes planet sized.

Extraordinary Member

Orion's no slouch either

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

not liking orion's odds against asura.

i think he might be faster than asura. not sure. will have to look it up. but it might not matter much since asura uber tough and hits stupid hard, even at his lower levels of power.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    not liking orion's odds against asura.

i think he might be faster than asura. not sure. will have to look it up. but it might not matter much since asura uber tough and hits stupid hard, even at his lower levels of power.
    IIRC, Orion is generally presented as being on Superman's level

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    IIRC, Orion is generally presented as being on Superman's level
    Unless I'm missing something, not in speed. Orion is pretty well screwed here.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, not in speed. Orion is pretty well screwed here.

Flies from Earth to New Genesis during in the same amount of time as a Heartbeat

Travel speed. Also, was that Post Crisis? Or Pre?

This board generally places Post Crisis Orion as a high end bullet timer / low low level super speedster. Like Thor.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Travel speed. Also, was that Post Crisis? Or Pre?

This board generally places Post Crisis Orion as a high end bullet timer / low low level super speedster. Like Thor.
    Looking into it, it appears that series was from the 70s

Though I'll note that seems oddly low, considering what tier Orion is supposed to operate at

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Looking into it, it appears that series was from the 70s

Though I'll note that seems oddly low, considering what tier Orion is supposed to operate at
    As noted by Arby's that's travel speed. Also, 'tier' is irrelevant given Thor is in the same 'tier' as Post-Crisis Superman, but is demonstrably slower. Feats consistent with character's presentstion play ... and Orion doesn't have the necessary feats for speed.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Didn't rebirth Orion mess up a whole star system in a fairly recent Green Lantern storyline? As I recall, he got a bit of a buff there in terms of presentation.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Didn't rebirth Orion mess up a whole star system in a fairly recent Green Lantern storyline? As I recall, he got a bit of a buff there in terms of presentation.
    damn. for real?

Yes, the new Orion is much more powerful than his Post Crisis counterpart. However, the OP states that it's the post crisis version we're using.

Mighty Member

Which storyline is this? If there is a reasonably priced ebook I would be interested thanks.