Mighty Member

Default Queen Bavmorda (Willow) vs Harry Potter

Let's see if this boy wizard can take on Willow Urfgood's enemy?

Astonishing Member

The one that turned an entire army into pigs?

...This is child abuse.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    The one that turned an entire army into pigs?

...This is child abuse.
    Yup the one who turned an army into pigs and once Harry's friends undo the things Bavmorda did to the army, Harry can prove he is a powerful sorcerer to fight against an evil sorceress like he did to Voldermort

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Yup the one who turned an army into pigs and once Harry's friends undo the things Bavmorda did to the army, Harry can prove he is a powerful sorcerer to fight against an evil sorceress like he did to Voldermort
    You didn't mention Harry's friends in the OP. Harry isn't even the most powerful sorcerer in his class. He's good at some things, but not others. I haven't seen Willow in forever, so I don't know. I don't recall Willow being beyond Hogwarts level offhand, though. His power against Voldemort is because he could feel love and Voldy couldn't. Plus, his mother's protection and his ability to inspire others to help.

Astonishing Member

Again she turned an entire army into pigs. That's well above anything I can recall a Potterverse wizard doing, especially one at Harry's level.

And even if you ignore the power gap, she's still got the massive advantage in not needing a physical foci for her magic. A wave of her hand and there goes Harry's wand...

Again she turned an entire army into pigs. That's well above anything I can recall a Potterverse wizard doing, especially one at Harry's level.

And even if you ignore the power gap, she's still got the massive advantage in not needing a physical foci for her magic. A wave of her hand and there goes Harry's wand...

and?

I was wondering about Willow's power. Not Bavmorda's.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post

and?

I was wondering about Willow's power. Not Bavmorda's.
    Willow's power level...doesn't really matter since he's not the one fighting here?

Willow was an apprentice with mostly low-level showings. Not that it matters since he 'beat' Bavmorda through trickery and more than a little luck.

Willow's power level...doesn't really matter since he's not the one fighting here?

Willow was an apprentice with mostly low-level showings. Not that it matters since he 'beat' Bavmorda through trickery and more than a little luck.
    I can still wonder about it, thanks. I'm not arguing your points-- maybe Willow'd be a better opponent? Like I said, I hadn't seen the movie in forever and was just curious.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    I can still wonder about it, thanks. I'm not arguing your points-- maybe Willow'd be a better opponent? Like I said, I hadn't seen the movie in forever and was just curious.
    I don't think so, it'd likely just go the other direction unless he gets a lucky shot in with one of those acorns. Willow's magical skills were, if I remember, self taught and largely unreliable. He's basically Bilbo Baggins with the serial numbers filed off, just replace 'invisibility-granting ring' with 'magical talent but with no formal training'.