Default The White Trees - MATURE READERS

Written by Chip Zdarsky
    Art by Kris Anka
    Colors by Matt Wilson
    Letters by Aditya Bidikar

Does CBR allow for threads about mature books?

Cause this book is beautiful, engages with fantasy tropes in strange ways, and features a very graphic orgy.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I picked it up today at the shop. I'm not sure what I was expecting exactly, but it was an interesting enough read. Seeing as it's only a two part series I think I'm going to pick up issue 2.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Not sure what to think of this one really. Wasn’t good, wasn’t bad...just on the middle.

Astonishing Member

It didn't really seem all that compelling. If it were an ongoing I would drop it, but since there's just one more issue I figure I might as well see how it turns out.

I loved this so much

I find it rather abhorrent that one of the selling points of the book is a graphic orgy scene. There's a thin line in comics where sex can easily go from a meaningful plot device to a shock value trope or just plain fetishism, and The White Trees leans closer towards the latter group. As for the story, I was rather uninterested with the premise and the writer, so I steered clear of purchasing this book.

Astonishing Member

I just read it and was well entertained. The Sex stuff was a little off, but no problem with it here...