Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice thread. I always favored Godzilla over Kong but in recent years Kong has definitely become a favorite of mine. I love his mythos and I can't wait for the Kong & Godzilla cross-over.

Thanks! I love both characters immensely, having seen all of their films. I'm highly anticipating GODZILLA VS. KONG in March 2020.

BANNED

Kong of Skull Island 2018 Special #1

Paul Allor (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and Dan McDaid (Big Trouble in Little China, Judge Dredd) present a new look at the mysterious history of Skull Island. When an early Viking expedition washes ashore on Skull Island, they see only the promises of wealth in the island’s riches, and not the dangers. Decades pass as the Vikings attempt to bend the powerful island to their will — or die trying.

BANNED

Recommended Reading

The World of Kong: A Natural History of Skull Island

Responsible for designing Skull Island and its fantastical inhabitants for Peter Jackson's epic King Kong, the artists at Weta Workshop have created a rich and diverse world of wonders and terrors to thrill audiences everywhere. Hundreds of drawings and sculptures were created to populate the mystery island, building a comprehensive menagerie with complex ecosystems and forbidding habitats. Though only a handful will appear on screen, presented within these pages is a vast collection of creatures and lore, each lovingly depicted with production art and new illustrations created especially for this book.

BANNED

Recommended Reading

King Kong: The Original Novelization

The giant prehistoric gorilla King Kong is one of the most recognized images in our culture. So great is the mighty Kong’s hold on the popular imagination that his story–a gripping yarn of man versus nature, coupled with a fantastical update of the Beauty and the Beast legend–has been thrice made into a motion picture (most recently in 2005) and referenced endlessly in every medium, from books to prime-time sitcoms.

Beneath King Kong’s cultural significance, however, is a tense and surprisingly tender story. One cannot help but be frightened by Kong’s uncontrollable fury, be saddened over the giant’s capture, mistreatment, and exploitation by venal showmen, or sympathize with the beast’s ill-fated affection for the down-on-her-luck starlet Ann Darrow.

This Modern Library edition of a true colossus among adventure stories is reprinted from the original 1932 novelization of the movie script, and includes a Preface by Mark Cotta Vaz, the preeminent biographer of Merian C. Cooper, producer of the original 1933 classic film.

BANNED

Recommended Reading

Merian C. Cooper's King Kong

Since its release in 1933, Merian C. Cooper's film King Kong has shocked and delighted generations of movie fans, setting the standard against which all such movies have been judged ever since. In December, 2005, Peter Jackson - whose films of the Lord of the Rings won critical acclaim and set box office records around the world - will release his version of this classic film, bringing King Kong back to the forefront of the popular imagination.

Fully authorized by the estate of Merian C. Cooper, Joe DeVito and Brad Strickland's novel is a full rewrite of the original 1932 novel, bringing Cooper's original vision of King Kong back to readers and fans alike. Set in the early 1930's, it is a classic story of exploration and adventure, at the center of which is the "eighth wonder of the world" himself - Kong.

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 09-16-2019 at 10:00 PM.

BANNED

Recommended Reading

King Kong: The 8th Wonder of the World

One of the biggest motion pictures events of all time explodes off the comics page in this epic adaptation of Peter Jackson's King Kong! Director Carl Denham has one chance to make the film of his dreams - hire an unknown actress, kidnap his writer and board a tramp freighter for the mysterious Island of the Skull. But when hostile natives capture actress Ann Darrow, Denham and his crew will face horrors from giant spiders to bloodthirsty dinosaurs to get her back. Yet, nothing can prepare them for the revelation of the mighty wonder in whose clutches Ann truly remains - King Kong!

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 09-16-2019 at 07:21 PM.

BANNED

Kong vs. V-Rex Pack

By: Dustin Weaver

BANNED

Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie - PS2, XBOX, PC and XBOX 360

Peter Jackson's King Kong captures the imagination, vision and emotion of the epic film. In this incredible new game, you'll delve into the film experience through alternative viewpoints designed to immerse the player. Battle for survival on Skull Island in first-person as Jack Driscoll AND experience the staggering power of King Kong in third-person taking on massive beasts.

LOVED the 1976 King Kong movie. I was 9 years old and saw it about four or five times at the movie theater. Jessica Lange was hot! My wife Christy and I LOVED Kong: Skull Island. Saw it twice at the theater and bought it on Blu-ray. My wife thought it the best movie of 2017. Got the Kong: Skull Island comics and also Kong of Skull Island. Great thread, thanks for starting it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Invader67 View Post
    LOVED the 1976 King Kong movie. I was 9 years old and saw it about four or five times at the movie theater. Jessica Lange was hot! My wife Christy and I LOVED Kong: Skull Island. Saw it twice at the theater and bought it on Blu-ray. My wife thought it the best movie of 2017. Got the Kong: Skull Island comics and also Kong of Skull Island. Great thread, thanks for starting it.
    You're welcome. I figure that Kong and Godzilla deserved their own threads. And since none were present, I took it upon myself to make them for everyone to partake in and enjoy. I'll be sure to add more to those threads in the coming months.

BANNED

King Kong (1933)

The original classic that inspired countless directors, writers, artists, special effects masters and people around the world! An iconic film that many herald as one of the all-time greatest films ever! King and God of Skull Island, Kong is given ritual sacrifices by the natives. On his island are loads of monstrous prehistoric beasts whom he often battles and defeats to establish his dominance and power. However, once captured and taken to New York, the mighty ape meets his fate atop the Empire State Building fighting off planes while trying to protect the one being whom was most precious to him, the lovely beauty Ann Darrow.

BANNED

Son of Kong (1933)

Shortly after Kong's demise atop the Empire State Building, Carl Denham flees with Captain Englehorn aboard the Venture to escape the public scrutiny and financial liability sprouting from his bringing Kong to New York City. After some time in the cargo business, Denham and Englehorn learn of a treasure supposedly on Skull Island and make a return trip there with stowaway Hilda Petersen. But once they arrive, they encounter Kong's friendly albino son Kiko, who helps to defend them from the island's dangers as they search for the fabled treasure.

BANNED

King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962)

The first to feature either of its titular contenders in color, King Kong vs. Godzilla pits the most famous monster from the West against his counterpart from the East. Awakened from his icy slumber seven years after he was trapped within ice at the conclusion of Godzilla Raids Again, Godzilla resumes his campaign of destruction against Japan. Meanwhile, the company Pacific Pharmaceuticals discovers the legendary Giant Demon God King Kong on the remote Faro Island and brings him to Japan for advertising purposes. When Kong escapes and runs loose in Japan, it is only a matter of time before the two behemoths meet in a fight to the finish.

BANNED

GODZILLA VS. KONG - Graphic Novels

BANNED