Default Thunderbolts by Andy Diggle?

I just recently finished reading Warren Ellis's Thunderbolts in the Ultimate Collection and I loved every minute of it. I'd like to see if it's worth continuing into the post-Ellis Thunderbolts stories, but I'm not going to spend the money if they suck.

For people who have read the run, how are Andy Diggle's Thunderbolts? Technically, Christos Gage was the next Thunderbolts writer after Ellis, but he was just a Secret Invasion fill-in. If Andy Diggle's Thunderbolts ARE worth reading, is it necessary for me to pick up the non-Diggle Secret Invasion TPB?

Thanks!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I can't imagine enjoying it as much as the Ellis run, but it was quite good. I'd skip over the Gage stuff.

I found them all enjoyable

It is good but Diggle is no where near the level of Ellis. Also if you liked this you should try Fell by Ellis

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

It's a solid run with some cool twists. It's not as good as the Ellis run that preceded it or the Parker run that followed it, but it is well worth reading.

I loved it. Christos Gage was great, but mostly because that team was dope. Diggle brought the level back off and then I dropped with Jeff Parkers lackluster run.

I barely remember Diggle on the book, honestly. He couldn't have done over half a dozen issues, right? I did enjoy Gage's run, and Parker's, too.