Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    The Swashbuckler - Only appeared one time but I dug him. He was the Golden Age Vigilante's nephew.

Attachment 86696
    What was his power?

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Gypsy was a character that's slowly been up-powered as she's gained popularity.

I don't think by that much. I remember her most impressive feat was cloaking a car but nothing greater than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What was his power?
    Non-powered hero like Vigilante.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Sorry, this thread is for low level powered heroes.

We do have a thread for non powered heroes (that aren't Batfamily) though.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Sorry, this thread is for low level powered heroes.

We do have a thread for non powered heroes (that aren't Batfamily) though.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation-Thread

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think pretty much everyone in Power Company qualifies for this thread.

There are a bunch of Legionnaires that totally qualify, but amongst my favs are:
    -- Dawnstar
    -- Timberwolf
    -- Princess Projectra
    -- Phantom Girl

Okay, I will stop or I'm just going to name almost every Legionnaire
    The Legion is great for that, since it was originally designed as a team, and not assembled from a bunch of standalone characters who (often) had multiple powers and could 'solo' most threats. Having anywhere from three to twenty-five people on hand, there was always room for people with just one super-power, and a wonky one like 'draws mass from the stars to make stuff super-heavy' or 'can see the future in her dreams.'

Still the League, Titans and Outsiders have had various characters with only one power, or a power of limited utility, like Jericho or Gypsy or Black Lightning (although that latter's gotten a ton of power-ups, from his original 'dude who can throw lightning' appearances).

Beast Boy/Changeling is pretty low-powered (when he can't freely turn into gigantic dinosaurs, anyway!). Wolfman/Perez era Raven, limited to self-teleportation, some healing, and a soul-self that could incapacitate someone by draining their aggression and leaving them stuporous, as well (cartoon Raven might as well be a Green Lantern or Jean Grey, since she can create darkness 'constructs', fly, throw things around telekinetically, etc.). Pre-Justice League/Mother Box, Cyborg was pretty middle-ground, as well, with Kid Flash and Donna Troy perhaps being the biggest guns on that team (and most of Wally's power lying in his future, after he takes over the Flash mantle after Barry's death).

The All-Star Squadron / Justice Society was an odd mixed bag, there. Lots of two-fisted adventurers like Wildcat, Dr. Midnite, Tarantula, the Atom, the Sandman, etc. who had minimal or no powers, and then some ridiculous powerhouses like Dr. Fate, Johnny Thunder's Thunderbolt and the Specter, who could do just about anything. But a few in between, like Air Wave or Amazing Man or Firebrand, who were kind of mid-tier, and not exactly powerhouses.

Lorena Marquez aka Aquagirl II

Created by: Will Pfiefer (writer) and Patrick Gleason (artist)

First appearance: Aquaman vol. 6 #16 (May 2004)

Powers and Abilities: Enhanced strength, speed, agility and durability. Good detective skills. Semi-proficient in hand-to-hand combat.

He made of had powers the poster who added him may no more about him than me i was going from memory but the best i remember he had no powers.

Daniel Tsang aka Striker Z

Created by: Kurt Busiek

First appearance: JLA #61

Powers and abilities: Danny is a human "bio-energy" battery due to his exposure to an unnamed compound. Danny has limited superstrength and enhanced stamina, but these abilities appear to be tied to his available store of energy. He is also a trained stunt man and expert practitioner of an unspecified martial art.

Ultimate Member

Ooh, I liked Striker Z's attitude and how his power wasn't that awesome, but he used it to charge his gadgets and gizmos, if nothing else.

The problem with Striker Z from my pov is that it doesn't really matter that he's powering his gizmos and weapons. He's still a guy with weapons and gizmos.

I liked seeing the clever way Aquaman dealt with Shaggy Man. Talk about taking one for the team!

I also liked the way Mirage's powers developed. Last I read she was able to sort of cast the illusion somewhere else while she and whomever she was masking are undetectable. She could also hide "inside" her illusions and they shattered with the application of sufficient force dealing an area of effect damage.

Grace Choi

Created by: Judd Winnick

First Appearance: Outsiders (vol. 3) #1 (August 2003)

Powers and abilities: Grace Choi possesses metahuman levels of strength, heightened durability and endurance, as well as regeneration and increased healing.

I don’t know if it’s general belief, but I assume Kate Spencer (Manhunter) is a low powered meta...with increased speed, strength, endurance...I thought way her solo series effectively made her a sensible modern version of current Batman...no pretence that an ordinary human could do what Batman does. (I say “current” Batman, because he has been written more sensibly in some eras.)

Certainly Cameron Chase, featured in same series was a mid powered meta (able to remove powers from others in some circumstances).

Certainly two of my favourite characters.