Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Default Obi-Wan coming to Disney+

So it looks like that although the "Anthology" movies may sadly be dead after Solo under performed, the ideas themselves are still alive and kicking...only this time as shows on Disney's new streaming service, which is more than fine with me.

I'm kind of curious what direction they'll take the series. Have it deal with his desert exile? Curiously I think MANDALORIAN is also partially set on Tatooine, as some of the concept art and sets have shown what looks like the Mos Eisley cantina and a dewback (although I suppose this could be another desert world)

Granted, the Disney material so far have mostly stayed off of Tatooine apart from the new EU stuff like Rebels and the comics. We've gotten similar desert planets (Jakku, Jedha and whatever's in Rise of Skywalker) but it seems the live action stuff has pretty much stayed well away from it. So maybe it's time to revisit the 'core' of the saga once again.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I would like planned anthology movies adapted into these, though I do hope they try and avoid too many set between III and IV. A young Qui Gon and Dooku series or something with Poe and Finn world be awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm kind of curious what direction they'll take the series. Have it deal with his desert exile? Curiously I think MANDALORIAN is also partially set on Tatooine, as some of the concept art and sets have shown what looks like the Mos Eisley cantina and a dewback (although I suppose this could be another desert world)

Granted, the Disney material so far have mostly stayed off of Tatooine apart from the new EU stuff like Rebels and the comics. We've gotten similar desert planets (Jakku, Jedha and whatever's in Rise of Skywalker) but it seems the live action stuff has pretty much stayed well away from it. So maybe it's time to revisit the 'core' of the saga once again.
    I'm hoping for something like a sci-fi take on True Grit or The Searchers only with an aging Obi-Wan as the reluctant "law-man".

iMan 42s

I would like it to be after Revenge of the Sith, but I think I'd be more excited to see something during the Clone Wars given that FX are so much better these days, and it would allow us to see some characters come back like Anakin and Commander Cody. Maybe his time in hiding inter-cut with episodes from the Clone Wars.

Regardless I'm very interested in this.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Confirmed. Four hours long. Set eleven years before ANH. (Kid Luke?) Shooting starts next year so probably a late 2020 or early 2021 release date.

Ewan also recently confirmed that there were plans for a movie-confirming all those rumors a while back pretty much-but it was turned into the Disney+ mini instead. I'm guessing that's due to SOLO not doing great.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Ewan also recently confirmed that there were plans for a movie-confirming all those rumors a while back pretty much-but it was turned into the Disney+ mini instead. I'm guessing that's due to SOLO not doing great.
    So those who wanted to take down Disney over The Last Jedi caused Disney to abandon the film plans for the **** you actually wanted to see.

Thanks guys /s

At least Obi-wan gets his own series.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So those who wanted to take down Disney over The Last Jedi caused Disney to abandon the film plans for the **** you actually wanted to see.

Thanks guys /s
    I don't think those cyberbullies had anywhere near enough clout to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    At least Obi-wan gets his own series.
    Wonder how it'll affect the comics and TV shows that dealt with that era.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Pre-production is till ongoing but in a recent interview McGregor said the title maybe Obi-Wan: Pilgrim. It doesn't roll off the tongue like The Mandalorian but the connotations are interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Pre-production is till ongoing but in a recent interview McGregor said the title maybe Obi-Wan: Pilgrim. It doesn't roll off the tongue like The Mandalorian but the connotations are interesting.
    Funny, I've heard "The Pilgrim" as the name, no Obi-Wan in the title at all.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Funny, I've heard "The Pilgrim" as the name, no Obi-Wan in the title at all.
    Could be, and that would certainly be simpler.