Default Is it possible Wandavision exists in a "branch" timeline spun off from Endgame?

Like the LOKI series might follow on from the altered 2012 events, I'm wondering if this holds out the same for 2014's timeline now that, from that timeline, Thanos and his armies don't exist (having jumped to 2024 and having died there), hence no Infinity War or Endgame in the 'branch' timeline; Age of Ultron and Civil War still unfold pretty much the same way, but nobody goes looking for the Infinity stones since there's no one left to (Cap presumably returns the sceptor to SHIELD/HYDRA). So Wanda and Vision still have their sort of secret life play out without any interference from Thanos and his group?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the temporal mechanics involved but I think that's one way of 'reviving' The Vision....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The easiest way to revive Vision is to have the mind transfer that Shuri performed in Infinity War worked.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

That's what they've done with Agents of SHIELD. It's pretty clear Thanos does not exist in that dojo.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Like the LOKI series might follow on from the altered 2012 events, I'm wondering if this holds out the same for 2014's timeline now that, from that timeline, Thanos and his armies don't exist (having jumped to 2024 and having died there), hence no Infinity War or Endgame in the 'branch' timeline; Age of Ultron and Civil War still unfold pretty much the same way, but nobody goes looking for the Infinity stones since there's no one left to (Cap presumably returns the sceptor to SHIELD/HYDRA). So Wanda and Vision still have their sort of secret life play out without any interference from Thanos and his group?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the temporal mechanics involved but I think that's one way of 'reviving' The Vision....
    Scarlet witch is going to Harkness to learn to use her powers better it sounds like. I think this will be prime timeline Scatlet witch and she might do some reality warping. Leading directly into Doctor Strange 2 where she probaly causes whatever issues lead to Nightmare and Doctor Strange entering the Multiverse of madness.

I say all this because Wanda is in Dr Strange 2 and WandaVision most likely sets that up. And Dr Strange 2 isnt gonna be a branched timeline. And without the time Stone I dont think Strange can look into all these bracnhed timelines anymore.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    That's what they've done with Agents of SHIELD. It's pretty clear Thanos does not exist in that dojo.
    Other than that he got directly namedropped in s5?

Quote Originally Posted by klefmung View Post
    Other than that he got directly namedropped in s5?
    Guessing they got dropped into a different timeline when they came back from the future. If he had arrived, or was about to arrive in season 6, it certainly would have impacted the story or at least been mentioned. Izel would have known about him, even if none of the others did. Come to think of it, the Avengers were never mentioned as an option even in a world-threatening situation like this.

It's a storytelling decision to cut AoS off from the rest of the MCU narrative, but I'm pretty sure an alternate timeline is how they justify it. Deke has mentioned twice how the multiverse theory is the only way he can still be alive even though his future has been cancelled.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The easiest way to revive Vision is to have the mind transfer that Shuri performed in Infinity War worked.
    This 100%. They already have the Alternate Gamora, Alternate nubula in MCU and I am sure many more incoming. Finish this thread with shuri saving his consciousness. Then finish it off in Dr Strange 2. I would love to see her go ahead and magically have the twins so we can start young avengers with Kate, stature and them

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Guessing they got dropped into a different timeline when they came back from the future. If he had arrived or was about to arrive in season 6, it certainly would have impacted the story or at least been mentioned. Izel would have known about him, even if none of the others did. Come to think of it, the Avengers were never mentioned as an option even in a world-threatening situation like this.

It's a storytelling decision to cut AoS off from the rest of the MCU narrative, but I'm pretty sure an alternate timeline is how they justify it. Deke has mentioned twice how the multiverse theory is the only way he can still be alive even though his future has been canceled.
    The attack on New York was mentioned and news footage of the aftermath was shown and the name drop happened in the last quarter of season 5 after they came back from the future. Also, season six takes place a year later, best guess the reason that they didn't mention Thanos is: why would they, he is dead and as far as they know nothing can undo what happened so there is little point in bringing him or the event up and after a year most people would have started to heal and move on, especially if they didn't lose someone really close to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There was no mind transfer in the movie; they were just trying to remove the Stone without killing him.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Fantastic Member

But he was namedropped after they came back from the future at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    There was no mind transfer in the movie; they were just trying to remove the Stone without killing him.
    She probaly has all the raw data for the A.I atleast. Wanda probaly gonna cause some problems trying to use Choas magic to give him a "Soul" again.

Maybe AoS takes place in a slightly alternate universe where Thor remembered to go for the head.