Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Your X-men Redesigns

One of the few things that I'm not excited about in Dawn of X is how many characters have outdated looks and didn't get the redesigns they deserved.
    Jean Grey is the worst offender, but I think a lot of characters could have used new looks.

With that in mind, I'm creating this thread so fans can share what their ideal looks would be like.

---

I'll start with a simple Revanche redesign. I get why they'd want to go with a classic 90s look, but that just doesn't look good anymore and it does nothing to make her different from old versions of Betsy.

So I picked one of Betsy's best recent looks (which still feels iconic but isn't so outdated) and made a few simple changes.
    I'd homage the Jim Lee look by recoloring the purple/pink bits as blue and changing the sash to red.
    I'd also give her shorter asymetrical hair and have it be a dark shade of blue so there'd be a clear difference from Asian Betsy and Reborn Kwannon:

This thread topic has existed in my bones for years. Sadly I have to work all weekend. Good luck team, looking forward to your ideas.

Colossus gets spiky shoulderpads.

Force Havok to wear a Ghostface mask.

Wolverine wears Timberlands.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Jean is the hardest one for me to redesign. I think one of the reasons why I love Maddie so much is that she's allowed to wear all of the things that Jean can't/won't. I sense that other artists struggle with that, too. It's why her X-Men Red costume looked so run of the mill. Just put her in blue jeans and a puffer jacket. That would have been the safer route.

13A7AC30-D397-4B4B-9294-C5536D43F252.jpg

This is kind of perfect.

BANNED

Something like this for Colossus, but obviously not medieval. Tactical pants and boots, naked top, and full beard. Storm could ask the Wakandans to craft a vibranium hammer.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I really like Werneck's redesigns. They look uniform and like a team while each still looks unique to the character
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    It is perfect!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Jean is the hardest one for me to redesign. I think one of the reasons why I love Maddie so much is that she's allowed to wear all of the things that Jean can't/won't. I sense that other artists struggle with that, too. It's why her X-Men Red costume looked so run of the mill. Just put her in blue jeans and a puffer jacket. That would have been the safer route.
    The Goblyn and Black Queen costumes are the only ones that were really out there that they wouldnt put on Jean. Most of Maddie's looks since her return in the 90s have been subdued and could easily be put on Jean with some color tweaks to make it feel more X-men.

I would love to see Rogue like this! She looks gorgeous and very bad ass to me

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    I would love to see Rogue like this! She looks gorgeous and very bad ass to me

love it! I want it

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    love it! I want it
    Same! That looks wonderful. <3

But almost anything would look better to me than her tired 90s uniform. I don't hate it the 90s look see avatar, but I don't want to see it back in what is supposed to be a new era for the X-Men.

Rogue! Isn't it amazing how her powers make clothing feel? Touching... And, I really like this last look btw.
    Last edited by sungila; 11-23-2019 at 04:53 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote