Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Your X-men Redesigns

One of the few things that I'm not excited about in Dawn of X is how many characters have outdated looks and didn't get the redesigns they deserved.
    Jean Grey is the worst offender, but I think a lot of characters could have used new looks.

With that in mind, I'm creating this thread so fans can share what their ideal looks would be like.

---

I'll start with a simple Revanche redesign. I get why they'd want to go with a classic 90s look, but that just doesn't look good anymore and it does nothing to make her different from old versions of Betsy.

So I picked one of Betsy's best recent looks (which still feels iconic but isn't so outdated) and made a few simple changes.
    I'd homage the Jim Lee look by recoloring the purple/pink bits as blue and changing the sash to red.
    I'd also give her shorter asymetrical hair and have it be a dark shade of blue so there'd be a clear difference from Asian Betsy and Reborn Kwannon:

This thread topic has existed in my bones for years. Sadly I have to work all weekend. Good luck team, looking forward to your ideas.

Colossus gets spiky shoulderpads.

Force Havok to wear a Ghostface mask.

Wolverine wears Timberlands.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Jean is the hardest one for me to redesign. I think one of the reasons why I love Maddie so much is that she's allowed to wear all of the things that Jean can't/won't. I sense that other artists struggle with that, too. It's why her X-Men Red costume looked so run of the mill. Just put her in blue jeans and a puffer jacket. That would have been the safer route.

13A7AC30-D397-4B4B-9294-C5536D43F252.jpg

This is kind of perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Jean is the hardest one for me to redesign. I think one of the reasons why I love Maddie so much is that she's allowed to wear all of the things that Jean can't/won't. I sense that other artists struggle with that, too. It's why her X-Men Red costume looked so run of the mill. Just put her in blue jeans and a puffer jacket. That would have been the safer route.
    The Goblyn and Black Queen costumes are the only ones that were really out there that they wouldnt put on Jean. Most of Maddie's looks since her return in the 90s have been subdued and could easily be put on Jean with some color tweaks to make it feel more X-men.

BANNED

Something like this for Colossus, but obviously not medieval. Tactical pants and boots, naked top, and full beard. Storm could ask the Wakandans to craft a vibranium hammer.

BANNED

I’d also like to see Beast wearing just a jockstrap and leather chest harness.

99885F5C-9B08-47A6-B952-4C2999CE8702.jpg

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

My art sucks, so I can only reference.

Creed. Lose the fur, QUICKLY!!!!! It always looks lame on him!
    Trial (1).jpg
    Then MAYBE this suit would work with a belt added.

Jean's Marvel girl suit could work, modified a bit. Instead of the skirt, maybe some pants. And if the mask is absolutely needed, it should be made smaller and more subtle that sticking out like ugly bird eyes.

BANNED

Acuna’s Sabretooth was perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Acuna’s Sabretooth was perfect
    I liked the outfit, but I think it looks better here.
    7.jpg

And Bunn's Future Brotherhood look in X-Blue
    1b.jpg

But given his character in HOX, what he's wearing is good enough for that. lol I wouldn't want one of his better looks wasted.

Now should he ever have a good story or part again, I'd want him in something less corny. during it. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-29-2019 at 07:52 PM.

46970AF1-D2EC-42D1-8D34-BE23A5A3E99F.jpg

A better Betsy when she trades Captain back to her brother.

That is a good one. Sadly I loved her last outfit, which I think was gone way too soon.

Certainly not into her new look as CB.

Eh I think the color blocked leotard looks more generic every time I look at it. It only seems to look good when a very few people draw it. Glad you like it though.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Eh I think the color blocked leotard looks more generic every time I look at it. It only seems to look good when a very few people draw it. Glad you like it though.
    Oh it definitely takes the right artist. I think Dodson did it best here. But other pencilers didn't bring out the best in it.