Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Of course Monet has a tramp stamp.
    That raises the question. How do characters with bulletproof skin or healing factors get tattoos ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Of course Monet has a tramp stamp.
    I refuse to accept it. If anything its Henna. She's not a trendy girl like that. She STARTS trends.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Attachment 86387

Some are far more successful than others, which is bound to happen. Nightcrawler seems balanced, Jubilee looks great, a mustard color on Colossus is interesting.

I want to see a Wolverine in browns and ochre, an Ororo with ANY color at all, and a few different Iceman palette variations. Cyclops in black and blue... needs a yellow jacket.
    Yeah, I don't know why Ororo is in white. It's not like her 90s design is her most iconic like it is for others. Would definitely love to see Cyclops in a yellow jacket. Maybe he gets one to match Jubilee's haha
    Make Good Art

I’m sure you’ve heard the comic book color theory that postulates that characters in primary colors are central protagonists. Cyclops is in blue and gold, but fires red eye beams. Similarly, Wolverine is in blue and gold, but is often awash in red blood. Colossus was designed to wear blue leggings because he was intended to be a central character of the ANAD era.

Storm has never been given a primary color redesign. The closest she got was the training uniform time and the X-Treme era’s red elements.

Jean, Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke claim green and purple, classic “villain” colors that telegraph their duplicity.

That is fascinating CRaymond. Thanks for sharing. I'd not heard that before.

Cyclops must always have his hair out no matter what costume. That'd be my redesign. Also brown leather jacket. Oh, wait, I'm just asking for the '90s again

I'd give Monet the modern tramp stamp: the underboob tattoo. Ooh, classier!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Cyclops must always have his hair out no matter what costume. That'd be my redesign. Also brown leather jacket. Oh, wait, I'm just asking for the '90s again

I'd give Monet the modern tramp stamp: the underboob tattoo. Ooh, classier!
    Exposed hair-Clops is my favorite Clops.
    Also Beardlossus leaves me breathless.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Either give Cyclops an actual helmet or no headgear. Lose the condom head.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

Either give Cyclops an actual helmet or no headgear. Lose the condom head.
    Same difference. That helmet doesnt look any better and gives off the same vibes. Teen Scott had better costumes

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    That is fascinating CRaymond. Thanks for sharing. I'd not heard that before.
    https://comicsalliance.com/superhero...rimary-heroes/

That’s ONE link. It doesn’t detail specific X-Men, but it does inform why certain characters are set in the brands they are. Nightcrawler is red and blue, because he’s the mutant Spider-Man.

It shocks me in this age that no one has attempted a gold Storm design with blue and red embellishments. Black women look amazing in yellow and she occupies the same brand space as Wonder Woman.

It shocks me in this age that no one has attempted a gold Storm design with blue and red embellishments. Black women look amazing in yellow and she occupies the same brand space as Wonder Woman.
    That sounds regal and awesome af. She's already a goddess, but if they put her in something like that, it would make it so we wouldn't be able to look at her without ending up like the Nazis in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That sounds regal and awesome af. She's already a goddess, but if they put her in something like that, it would make it so we wouldn't be able to look at her without ending up like the Nazis in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    Like so?

A7C2F452-7050-4F49-BBED-8CE407E6E264.jpg

Yes! That's what first came to mind when I saw your comment.
    Make Good Art

Attachment 86387

Some are far more successful than others, which is bound to happen. Nightcrawler seems balanced, Jubilee looks great, a mustard color on Colossus is interesting.

I want to see a Wolverine in browns and ochre, an Ororo with ANY color at all, and a few different Iceman palette variations. Cyclops in black and blue... needs a yellow jacket.
    I love these designs. That Jean is perfection. My only critiques are regarding the obsession with those ugly Xs on their chests. Makes everyone's look way more uniformed than they need to be. The best ones don't even have them (Phoenix and Wolverine). Angel in those color also doesn't look right. Blue and white are his signature colors.

The simplest designs are often the best. I still think Jubilee’s vampire-era black one-piece was her best look. Simple, sleek and awesome.

That suit, plus the fact she was (at that time anyway) a new vampire still an inch away from murdering everyone around her, even managed to make her iconic yellow jacket seem sinister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.