Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I think a lot of Clay Mann's Age of X designs should be adopted in the main universe. They were excellent.

A02D89C7-4BC2-4898-985C-C88D7331ACFE.jpg

There were definite successes among these, I’d say Dazzler, Jubilee, Frenzy, and Psylocke were inspired, but there was a LOT of skin, sex appeal, and looser fabrics in these looks. I’m not opposed to those elements, but I do thinking makes it hard to brand character merch and translate into a bigger presence.

Moonstar Cadre had some of my favorite designs for these characters

Magma, Cypher, ?, Sunspot, Karma, Moonstar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Magma, Cypher, ?, Sunspot, Karma, Moonstar
    It's Dust. Cannonball was the overall field leader of the Fortress X forces and Magik was locked in the brig

Thanks. I hadn’t returned to X-books at all until AvX, and dropped again until recently.

https://www.deviantart.com/cspencey/...d-Co-455889498

Not my art but i liked these redesigns/style.

There were definite successes among these, I’d say Dazzler, Jubilee, Frenzy, and Psylocke were inspired, but there was a LOT of skin, sex appeal, and looser fabrics in these looks. I’m not opposed to those elements, but I do thinking makes it hard to brand character merch and translate into a bigger presence.
    Yeah, not all of them. Certainly not Storm's. But I personally dig Husk, Magma, Karma, Hellion, Stand-Off/Unuscione, Magneto...

The Domino design is probably too radical to be used on Neena proper, but I'd love to see a riff on it for a new character or something.
    I'm a fan of Surge and I'd dig her having her own costume.
    And like you said, the Jubilee design is inspired. Far and away the best design I've seen for the character.

A lot of these alt reality designs strike me similarly to AoA’s Sunfire. THAT reinterpretation knocked everyone on their ass, and they even brought it to 616 for a hot minute.

A lot of these alt reality designs strike me similarly to AoA’s Sunfire. THAT reinterpretation knocked everyone on their ass, and they even brought it to 616 for a hot minute.
    Oh yeah, AoA Sunfire is far and away the best look for the character. Bonus points for avoiding the contentious Rising Sun Flag imagery of his original design.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

A02D89C7-4BC2-4898-985C-C88D7331ACFE.jpg

Everyone looking amazing here. I don't think there as one bad design in that entire storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    Everyone looking amazing here. I don't think there as one bad design in that entire storyline.
    AoX was a solid fantasy of Mad Max dystopia taking place in Mykonos. Stylish but impossible to cosplay. LOL

I wouldn't mind if Betsy got a costume similar to her Age of X costume afters she's done being Captain Britain.

PSYLOCKE_Age_of_X_Earth-11326_X-Men_Legacy_-vol._1-_-245_(2011).jpg

This was so glorious.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Would love for Jean to use this Jim Lee unfinished/unused costume redesign.
    2F8423E2-8AE1-4818-9754-E258E004CF19.jpg

Also would love for 616 Jubes to rock this exe-Men costume she had, maybe just throw on some Dr. Martens to give her that teeny Jubes feel.
    43B285E9-148E-4C59-A666-0D4407509F71.jpg

That Jean costume is glorious.
    I also love the Age of X designs (Dazzler's is my favorite look for her).
    I wish Marvel would hire Mann to redesign the X-men. I don't think all of the AoX looks would work in the regular continuity because they're made for that specific setting. In the very lest I think they would have to put more clothes on lol.