Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Default My L.E.G.I.O.N. Conundrum

Hey all. Through a bit of false advertising, instead of the 5 Years Later Legion run, I received the 90's LEGION series. My question to you is whether or not I should return the books. Are they worth $20? Or should I return them and go for Legion proper? This is all on ebay, if that matters.
    Cyclops was right

I honestly never read L.E.G.I.O.N so I have no opinion on it. I've heard good things about it from other people on this board though.

That sucks that you ordered the wrong issues though.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I think it is certainly worth it. L.E.G.I.O.N. was a great series (and about 60 or so issues long, if I'm not mistaken so $20 sure is cheap for suxch a great read).

Peace

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

One of my favorite DC runs, pretty easily. If it's possible I'd just peek through to see if you like it before deciding, though.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It was a great series and well worth getting. It was one of the best series DC was putting out at the time. It had so many little ties to the Legion proper while still being its own thing. Things like using the ancestors of Brainiac 5 and Shadow Girl, the Emerald Eye being used in the present time, Lar Gand being in it for a bit, the Durlan, Phase, and so many other little things. For 20 bucks you got some great reading and should just keep them. You read the first 5 or so issues and you will be hooked.

If you do like it and want the rest of the story looks for the Invasion mini series that L.E.G.I.O.N. sprang from and the first R.E.B.E.L.S. series that followed L.E.G.I.O.N.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 08-04-2014 at 10:01 AM.

I think the whole L.E.G.I.O.N. series for $20 is a good deal, its a fun book. I also second the recommendations for R.E.B.E.L.S (both volumes)

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

L.E.G.I.O.N is very good as long as Barry Kitson is around. It also has quite a few links to the 5YG Legion series. I'd definitely hang onto it.

Not a bad haul at all, given the connections to the Legion of the (then) 30th century. I actually enjoyed the first couple dozen issues. DO get the 5YL run, if you can, though.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

There's no conundrum that I can see here!

L.E.G.I.O.N. was a great title, you could have done a lot worse as far as mistaken orders go.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Hey all. Through a bit of false advertising, instead of the 5 Years Later Legion run, I received the 90's LEGION series. My question to you is whether or not I should return the books. Are they worth $20? Or should I return them and go for Legion proper? This is all on ebay, if that matters.
    How was it "false advertising"? What description was on eBay, and were there any pictures? Could it maybe be the seller just shipped you the wrong package?

BANNED

I'd thank my lucky stars if I were you. That series was awesome!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How was it "false advertising"? What description was on eBay, and were there any pictures? Could it maybe be the seller just shipped you the wrong package?
    It was listed as Legion of Superheroes 1989 (multiple times), and the pictures were badly arranged. Plus, Vril Dox and Querl Dox look exactly the same.

I read the first 7 issues, and I'm interested enough to keep going. How long is the series? I have up to 54, plus 4 annuals.
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 08-04-2014 at 05:47 PM.
    Cyclops was right

keep it and get Legion 5YL. both great reads

I also loved Bedard's LEGION run a few years back.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    It was listed as Legion of Superheroes 1989 (multiple times), and the pictures were badly arranged. Plus, Vril Dox and Querl Dox look exactly the same.

I read the first 7 issues, and I'm interested enough to keep going. How long is the series? I have up to 54, plus 4 annuals.
    There are 70 issues of LEGION followed by 18 issues of REBELS.

There was a more recent REBELS series that ran for 28 issues also.