Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Dance-off To Save The Universe.

Yup.

Second place goes to the death of Killmonger.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Just like Kevin Bacon in Footloose! Is it still the greatest movie of all time?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    ...But for me seeing Black Panther and Cap sprinting out together ahead of the rest the army in Ifninty war was amazing...
    That was a great one for me as well. It just encapsulated so much of the best things about BP and Cap from the comics. Their (for all meaningful purposes) perfectly equal abilities, their long camaraderie (in the comics), their mutual respect, and just how serious and fearless each of them are. Kirby had a great idea in making them so alike, yet so different, and such great friends.

I'd love to see a title really explore that, but I'd be afraid somebody would want to DKR it just for shock value.

The main trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy. Its when we knew this movie would be something special and it did not disappoint.

I actually thought the Avengers Assemble line in Endgame was horrible as it was such forced fan service. Not quite as bad as the female Avengers scene, another forced fan service moment. Cap first wielding Mjolnir on the other hand was awesome.

BANNED

So...you know, the Stan Lee cameo in Endgame leaves everything else in the dust obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    The main trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy. Its when we knew this movie would be something special and it did not disappoint.

I actually thought the Avengers Assemble line in Endgame was horrible as it was such forced fan service. Not quite as bad as the female Avengers scene, another forced fan service moment. Cap first wielding Mjolnir on the other hand was awesome.
    Thor saying "Ultron I'd have words with thee" woulda been fan service and I woulda loved it. I dont mind fan Service unless it undercuts the story which It didnt. But i get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

For comic book movies, I think fan service is basically a built in component to the equation though. You're constantly throwing in easter eggs or references to the source material which are less about telling the story and more about getting the hardcore fan base to geek out. Right or wrong, it's just a part of the genre at this point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Dance-off To Save The Universe.

Yup.

Second place goes to the death of Killmonger.
    That's my second favourite...... essentially a group of misfits becoming a family.
    "We are Groot".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    To piggy back off that I love Caps "Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky" line.
    And then when he tells Tony Buckys his friend and the way RDJ delivers the "So was i" Line. Really sad the see Evan's and RDJ leave the MCU
    Me too. I don't think they could ever have picked better actors to play those roles.
    Both Civil War and Winter Soldier were on UK TV recently, and the quality of the film making is still a joy to watch. Even the humour was tasteful and fit in with the story telling.
    I really hope Marvel don't go the comedy route with everything in future.

Amazing Member

In Captain Marvel, Stan Lee cameo's on a bus, (the same bus where she decked that old-lady skrull) reading a script for a movie. That movie is Mallrats, a Kevin Smith film starring Jason Lee (Dave from Alvin and the Chipmunks) which features a lengthy Stan Lee appearance. He speaks at length about his creation of spider-man, the FF, the X-Men, and the Hulk. Jason Lee's character even says "You are a god." What this tells me is that this scene on the bus features Stan Lee cameoing as himself, as the creator the characters whose movie he is currently in. The MCU strives to keep it's continuity as logical and tight as possible, but Stan Lee has always been the exception to that. His age, location, and occupation never add up. But he's always been there, watching. Even in other universes, like the X-men and the FF (which are not yet in the MCU). He just doesnt make sense logically. Unless, as I believe Captain Marvel proved, he is the one above all. I have more detail for anyone interested, but I honestly truly believe that Stan Lee is the One-Above-All canonically in the MCU.

Boisterously Confused

Other thoughts:

Peggy and Steves dance.

The Tech Nerd in CA:TWS, terrified with a gun against his head, who will not launch the Insight Carriers. He is the greatest hero of the MCU and it made me stupid happy to see him in AAoU (I have a head canon thing about Fury showing up to ask if he's ready to do the right thing again). He is the least of us rising to the best of us.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The Tech Nerd in CA:TWS, terrified with a gun against his head, who will not launch the Insight Carriers. He is the greatest hero of the MCU and it made me stupid happy to see him in AAoU (I have a head canon thing about Fury showing up to ask if he's ready to do the right thing again). He is the least of us rising to the best of us.
    Oh my god I love that guy! I thought I was the only one!

The look on Thor's face in Endgame when he summons Mjlonir might be some of the best acting Hemsworth has ever done. I *felt* that moment, yo.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For comic book movies, I think fan service is basically a built in component to the equation though. You're constantly throwing in easter eggs or references to the source material which are less about telling the story and more about getting the hardcore fan base to geek out. Right or wrong, it's just a part of the genre at this point.
    I get that. I have no problem with Cap's shield being in the background in early Iron Man movies and other such easter eggs.

But Endgame went past the point of cringy cheesiness with Avengers Assemble because its not a line that actually works in real life dialogue. And the female Avengers scene because it was so impossible that every female would line up perfectly in a chaotic battle with nary a male to be seen*. Both were forced fan service that detracted from the film rather than enhanced it like Cap wielding Mjolnir which I already said I thought was awesome and the best part of Endgame.

*Just to be clear because some reflexively yell "you hate women" when you deride the female Avengers scene its not the case for me. It was just a bad scene and it was unnecessary. The women were already badass. Captain Marvel took down the ships. Scarlet Witch was kicking ass. Etc. The women were awesome and kicking ass without the scene and all the scene did was look like pandering and bad fan service.

I don't think anything can top the "Avengers Assemble" moment in Avengers: Endgame. It was the climax of a culmination of a franchise that has been on-going since 2008, which featured all of the key players from every franchise that the MCU is made up of.

That being said, I think the scene that I appreciate the most from all of the movies is Wanda destroying the Mind Stone in Avengers: Infinity War. Just the execution of that scene was so powerful. Olsen and Bettany's performances really sold the scene and made me feel so strongly for the characters despite them not having a lot of screen time to develop their relationship. The scene also really sold the desperation that the heroes were facing in order to save the universe from its greatest threat.

It is a sad and disheartening moment, but it was powerful and emotional all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh my god I love that guy! I thought I was the only one!

The look on Thor's face in Endgame when he summons Mjlonir might be some of the best acting Hemsworth has ever done. I *felt* that moment, yo.
    That whole sequence in Asgard was nicely played by Hemsworth.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.