Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    I get that. I have no problem with Cap's shield being in the background in early Iron Man movies and other such easter eggs.

But Endgame went past the point of cringy cheesiness with Avengers Assemble because its not a line that actually works in real life dialogue. And the female Avengers scene because it was so impossible that every female would line up perfectly in a chaotic battle with nary a male to be seen*. Both were forced fan service that detracted from the film rather than enhanced it like Cap wielding Mjolnir which I already said I thought was awesome and the best part of Endgame.

*Just to be clear because some reflexively yell "you hate women" when you deride the female Avengers scene its not the case for me. It was just a bad scene and it was unnecessary. The women were already badass. Captain Marvel took down the ships. Scarlet Witch was kicking ass. Etc. The women were awesome and kicking ass without the scene and all the scene did was look like pandering and bad fan service.
    I get what you mean. And fanservice.....that's a trick, right? A little bit can make a movie more fun in a guilty pleasure sort of way, but too much can destabilize what you're trying to do and make the whole thing a mockery.

But I think Endgame earns a free pass. This wasn't just any movie, and as the farewell to so many characters, actors, and the entire Infinity Saga I think all the fanservice was not only acceptable, but actually kind of warranted. Even the "female heroes team up" works, I think. Yes, it's utterly unlikely and ridiculous that these specific people would all be in that one specific place at that time, but so what? The MCU (and films in general) are so male-heavy what's the harm in a three minute scene of girls kicking ass together? When I saw Endgame in theaters, every woman in the place gave a cheer at that scene (my wife included) and you know what? They deserved that. The female fans of the MCU deserved that. I'm glad they got it, even if it doesn't *really* make any sense.

Obviously YMMV and this level of fanservice isn't something I'd usually agree with, but......its Endgame. F*ck it, go for it!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm going to leave Endgame out of it since it's so obvious.

With that said...

*small spit*
    "Oh ****..."
    -- 'Odin'/Loki, by Anthony Hopkins

-----

Another one: as cheesy and as "Power of Love" this may have been, I have a soft spot for the whole sequence that leads to Peter, Gamora, Drax, and Rocket with the Power Stone.

"That's my secret Captain, I'm always angry"

Professor Hulk's reverse snap and the return of those formerly trapped in the blip.

Senator Stern moments from Iron Man 2, before revealing he was a member of Hydra.

Black Widow kicks Jasper Sitwell off the roof to make him talk.

Both scenes of Steve in an elevator.

Professor Hulk having breakfast.

Professor Hulk gives Scott a taco.

Cap returns from Wakanda to help Wanda and Vision, and help from Black Widow and Falcon.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Cap returns from Wakanda to help Wanda and Vision, and help from Black Widow and Falcon.
    That moment with the passing train reveal gave me chills. It's one of my all-time "show ups" any where in any comic or comic-inspired media.

Loved the Tunnel chase scene in Civil war and didnt known untill today that theres barely any CGI in that scene. They had stuntmen doing all kinds of crazy **** in that scene.

Fury's end credit scene in Iron Man simply because it was a Holy **** they're really doing it moment.

BANNED

Sharon Carter: "it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree and say 'No. You move.'"

Sums up the entire focus of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Sharon Carter: "it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree and say 'No. You move.'"

Sums up the entire focus of the MCU.
    She gave Cap the speech he gave Peter in the comics? I need to rewatch that movie cause I dont even remember any of her lines.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    She gave Cap the speech he gave Peter in the comics? I need to rewatch that movie cause I dont even remember any of her lines.
    It was the turning point of the movie. Steve was questioning his position. Sharon/Peggy reminded him what was right, and not to give in to compromises to righteousness.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    She gave the speech during Peggy's funeral service, talking about Peggy. But it inspired Cap to stay anti-registration.

Yea rewatched it last night. Caps speech to Peter was my favorite part of the comic. Not sure how I forgot that Sharon said that to cap.