Astonishing Member

Default Should some minor villains be spun off into other Bat Family Titles?

Batman has a pretty big rogues gallery and has a whole family of supporting heroes in his Batman Family.

Should some minor super villains be spun off to other members of the Bat-Family, in hopes of becoming major villains for these heroes? Dr. Death became a Batgirl villain in 2003 and seemed to work well, despite being Batman's first villain, his focus on poisons and plagues may seem redundant next to the Joker, but in Batgirl he can a big fish in a small pound. If you agree with this premise, which villains should be spun out to which Bat-Family member?

Yeah, why not, sounds good.

Deathstroke was originally a Teen Titans villain after all, and Anarchy is sometimes more recognized as a Red Robin villain (though Batman had him first).

Extraordinary Member

That was already done a few times.

Blockbuster was for example also a Batman villain who became the main villain of Dixon's Nightwing Run and Anarky, the General and Cluemaster became reoccurring villains for Tim. And there a probaly more examples.

Incredible Member

I would like to see Killer Moth back as a recurring Batgirl villain, if he remains to be a joke in Batman's corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    I would like to see Killer Moth back as a recurring Batgirl villain, if he remains to be a joke in Batman's corner.
    He just came back in Batgirl.

I really want to see a book similar to Superior Foes of Spider-Man but with some Gotham villains. Killer Moth, Ten Eyed Man, Polka Dot Man, Crazy Quilt, Kite Man. I think something like that would be a lot of fun and could rotate out different Bat family members showing up from time to time.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

While I love some of Gotham's most notorious villains facing off with the Batfamily, I'd really like to see Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Robin, Catwoman, Flamebird, etc. get many villains of their own too.

Blockbuster worked great as a cast off from Batman to Nightwing, but I liked Lady Vic, Brutale, and others too. Same with Batgirl, it was fun to see Velvet Tiger again in Batgirl of Burnside. Catwoman once had Slyfox as a friendly adversary and Hellhound had a decent Year One origin alongside Catwoman in an annual years ago.

Mighty Member

Wouldn't someone like Crazy Quilt be better as a Nightwing villain?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Wouldn't someone like Crazy Quilt be better as a Nightwing villain?
    Crazy Quilt hates Robin.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Sure but the bigger question should minor bat-villains be loaned out to other heroes?

Condiment King from now and ever shall be, Batman's number one foe!

And without going uber dark on the character.

"No, not the mustard! The stains are awful to get out!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Crazy Quilt hates Robin.
    I really want Crazy Quilt to become a Nightwing villain.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics