Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I adore Cissie, but you're right, she was not a part of the Arrowfam (and I never wanted her to be...though there do seem to be a few fans who headcanon her as secretly Ollie's illegitimate kid).
    I wasn't aware of that, but at least her Mother was Ollies love interest in the silver age.
    Even if that would really work with the timeline (but thats imo also the case with Connors age).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I wasn't aware of that, but at least her Mother was Ollies love interest in the silver age.
    Even if that would really work with the timeline (but thats imo also the case with Connors age).
    Yeah, timing is all screwed up for Cissie to be born after Bonnie's time as Miss Arrowette. She'd had to be born 1963 or later, and so when Dick was 15 or 16. She'd be younger than Traya (who was 7 when introduced and so only 11 or 12 years younger than Dick, so should have been around 13 for YJ, if Tim was 9 or 10 years younger). But, of course, the universe got rebooted and Ollie got a bunch of years added to his age, so it's all a bit of jumble to me.

I wasn't aware of Bonnie as a love interest. I'd read the three issues of her in World's Finest (at least, I'm not aware of any others) and he did not appear interested in her there at all (I didn't notice her to seem attracted, either, but I guess I could be remembering incorrectly on both accounts). But then I saw them referenced as on a date in one issue of JLA (she only appeared in one panel, I think?). I had to look that up, as I was completely unaware of it.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-18-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Mighty Member

What was the reason there was a rift between Oliver and Roy? Did it get repaired later? And with Emiko choosing to be Red Arrow was that out of a sense of honoring Roy or was it never explained?

Emiko is my favourite by far, though I prefer her in GA I think she comes off too angry in TT. Roy never really interested me and I have never read about Mia.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    What was the reason there was a rift between Oliver and Roy? Did it get repaired later? And with Emiko choosing to be Red Arrow was that out of a sense of honoring Roy or was it never explained?
    It depends what continuity we're talking about but usually it boils down to Oliver kicking Roy out for doing drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I wouldn't call Damian half-Asian, but that's more political than geographic, I guess, since Ra's was from Arabia, which I also don't think of as Asia, but is considered such, I think, as a subcontinent. I don't know Talia's mother's ancestry, except that I think Melisande is a Frenchish name (maybe born in French possession)?. Emiko didn't seem that arrogant to me at first, but I'm thinking about before her age-up and may be misremembering, since it's been a while since I've read those. Though kid-Emiko is really closer to Damian (when introduced) than the teenage version, I think.
    I believe Sensei is Ra's father, which would make Damian part Asian.
    Really, he's a bit of a melting pot of ethnicities. Caucasian, Middle-Eastern, Asian,..

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Only knowing Roy from the New 52 has to be a rough intro to the character.
    Oh sure, it's the New 52 that ruined Roy. Not the whole going back on drugs and shooting dead cats as arrows that happened in people's precious pre-Flashpoint continuity. Nope, definitely the New 52's fault.
    #EmmaWasRight

Retired

Is Black Canary's partnership with Green Arrow considered déclassé?