Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

cant wait when this bad run is completely ignored except by those people who hate batman from the start

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Thomas was an adult when he became Batman, Bruce trained since he was a child. Also Thomas uses a gun Bruce is so good he doesnt have to. All I need to know. King constantly has Bruce getting his butt kicked by everyone and outsmarted its as if according to King Bruce never trained at all. If this is the case then how is Bruce not dead? How is he part of Trinity? How coould Bane take over a whole city and JL not do anything? It's just dumb and bad writing.
    You got me convinced

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    cant wait when this bad run is completely ignored except by those people who hate batman from the start
    I'm mostly ignoring it now, it's an effort but I'm doing my best
    Last edited by kilderkin; 08-22-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    In a universe where the Lazuras Pit exists, Bat-deaths are not shocking unless you get desintegrated.
    The pit can’t heal that

Damian was the only good part of this issue. Yet again The Batman gets outshined by another in his own title. A regular occurrence in this run. I now also realise that King has a great understanding of certain characters it's just that he chooses to write them to fit his story. His Damian was delightful and on point.

Damian's mission was a failure but this issue was a big win for the character. I almost wish King has used him more in his run. This was Damian's issue.

Alfred was a dead man walking and i hope it sticks. Might that be King's plan. Out with the old and in with the new. Selina has been elbowing Alfred out in the MVP to Batman stakes and the who can't Batman function without stakes.

Amazing Member

Its just silly to think that the whole Bat family will stay away just because they are hold Alfred hostage while people are being killed in the streets. I mean they knew where Alfred was Flash would be in and out before Bane could move. Its just bad bad writing

Its just silly to think that the whole Bat family will stay away just because they are hold Alfred hostage while people are being killed in the streets. I mean they knew where Alfred was Flash would be in and out before Bane could move. Its just bad bad writing
    just as silly to think that batman won't contact the family after he woke up. Selina I understand her failure to contact them. They aren't her family and she's not that close to them but that bruce even as bad as he has been writing this run wouldn't try to contact at least Alfred knowing full well that he most likely would be in danger from Thomas is unbelievable

but...people aren't dying the the streets, that's kinda the crux of Bane's plan.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    but...people aren't dying the the streets, that's kinda the crux of Bane's plan.
    I think the scene with Zsasz and Scarecrow last issue made it fairly obvious why they need to take back Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    One thing that King did right with this issue, and it's something that has always bothered me about Damian.

Damian is a 13 year old boy. No matter how highly trained he is, he's still a kid who routinely goes up against bigger, stronger adults. In this issue, he took out to bigger guys. But when he went up against Thomas, while he got one or two hits in, all it took was one punch and a curb stomp to take him out. And honestly, THAT'S HOW IT SHOULD BE.
    Yep I'm with you here. Damian was how Damian should be in this issue, I felt. As to Thomas being able to take him out - thats entirely subjective but I do like it in this case. Its feasible that Bat-Dad is pretty rude. Would have preferred a little more "old age and treachery takes out youth and skill" but I can extrapolate.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Everyone getting hung up on the idea that the JLA would just show up and clean house are ignoring the whole "Year of the Villain" thing where Luthor told Bane he'd keep everyone away from Gotham so Bane can do his thing. It's been explained. Is it an easy dismissal explanation? Yes, but it has been explained.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yep I'm with you here. Damian was how Damian should be in this issue, I felt. As to Thomas being able to take him out - thats entirely subjective but I do like it in this case. Its feasible that Bat-Dad is pretty rude. Would have preferred a little more "old age and treachery takes out youth and skill" but I can extrapolate.
    But it makes no sense that he would plan for Gotham-Girl but neither Thomas nor Bane. He had to know he needed to take them down, he had to know he couldn't just slip by GG and rescue Alfred. And yet he had no stratagem ? Nothing to defeat the fake Batman, the man he'd want to destroy the most ? That makes no sense; that's one of the reason why Damian's characterization in this issue was terrible, and far from the good ones, in spite of what so many reviewers who rave over King's run are saying.

Teen Titans Damian makes sense, he has contingencies, and if they don't work he try to overcome the obstacle using his brain and brawn. Here, he was just an arrogant imbecile thinking that he could outpunch a grow man. That's ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    But it makes no sense that he would plan for Gotham-Girl but neither Thomas nor Bane. He had to know he needed to take them down, he had to know he couldn't just slip by GG and rescue Alfred. And yet he had no stratagem ? Nothing to defeat the fake Batman, the man he'd want to destroy the most ? That makes no sense; that's one of the reason why Damian's characterization in this issue was terrible, and far from the good ones, in spite of what so many reviewers who rave over King's run are saying.

Teen Titans Damian makes sense, he has contingencies, and if they don't work he try to overcome the obstacle using his brain and brawn. Here, he was just an arrogant imbecile thinking that he could outpunch a grow man. That's ludicrous.
    But does anyone know about Thomas and his skill set? There was some information in the Justice League archives, which Damien researched. That shows he didn't just go into it blind. He took out the biggest threat and thought he could take out Thomas. Arrogant? Sure, but thats Damien.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

King is inconsistent with power levels. I don't believe for a second that Thomas can take Damian not to mention Bruce. This man started training at an age when arthritis had likely started setting in.

Bane well he might have had a plan but you saw how long that sequence lasted and how the whole thing was set up.

Damian went in there prepared as much as he can be. He was even more prepared than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    King is inconsistent with power levels. I don't believe for a second that Thomas can take Damian not to mention Bruce. This man started training at an age when arthritis had likely started setting in.

Bane well he might have had a plan but you saw how long that sequence lasted and how the whole thing was set up.

Damian went in there prepared as much as he can be. He was even more prepared than I expected.
    As much as I think Damian is OP'd and a Marty Stu, I always felt a guy like Thomas who drinks a lot and doesn't care about anything, really should be a pretty crappy Batman.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-