Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The pit can’t heal that
    But the new Type of pit King introduced in the last arc probably can...

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But the new Type of pit King introduced in the last arc probably can...
    LMAO, no doubt
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Why do this, when you have 8 more issues to go? Put your stamp on the franchise as you leave, KING!

When people say earned, they mean King hasn’t moved the story well at all, to this point. A death is earned when the writer makes you feel the emotion, rising and ebbing, till boom (snap)

although tragic, it didn’t hit me as hard as maybe king intended.

Kings story has had Bane taking out Bruce's support system one by one. Culminating with Alfred was kind of a no brainier.

He already did show Bane trying to kill Alfred in the Penguin story and gave Alfred his necessary emotional beats in issue #50.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    He already did show Bane trying to kill Alfred in the Penguin story and gave Alfred his necessary emotional beats in issue #50.
    That was 27 issues and over a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That was 27 issues and over a year ago.
    27 issues in King's run is actually fairly little story
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    27 issues in King's run is actually fairly little story
    But it feels long ago for the reader. "Emotional beats" in issue 50 are a terrible set-up for a death in issue 77.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Do we really need emotional beats to set up Alfred? It's Alfred. Everyone knows who he is and how he means to the fam.

I look back at every issue I've got of King's run and just think, 'what a waste of money' at this point.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Do we really need emotional beats to set up Alfred? It's Alfred. Everyone knows who he is and how he means to the fam.
    If you feel the need to kill a character in your (very long) run, then yes I expect more focus on that character before it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    I look back at every issue I've got of King's run and just think, 'what a waste of money' at this point.
    I think we should sue DC and King for our money back. I'm not totally joking. This has been my worst experience reading comics since Spider-Man's Clone Saga of the 1990s. I feel cheated and used.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I think we should sue DC and King for our money back. I'm not totally joking. This has been my worst experience reading comics since Spider-Man's Clone Saga of the 1990s. I feel cheated and used.
    haha I think thats a bit dramatic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    haha I think thats a bit dramatic!!!
    No doubt (I was half-joking), but I still say King's run has been some of the worst crap I've read in thirty years of reading and collecting comic books.

Fantastic Member

Is he dead though? And if he is, do we seriously believe he won't be resurrected? This kind of shock tactic is now so tiring and frankly doesn't carry the impact it use to have, especially after we now had a spate of them. Also is this the storyline that King stated would change Batman for generations? Wasn't it over-ruled? Is it a ruse by Bane? I'm not against the idea if followed though, but in my opinion' King shouldn't had been the one to implement, especially considering declining 'sales?' #77 has only shifted units because of 'said' event and will probably sustain as folk want to know outcome. He dropped the ball with #50 and whatever the outcome he has planned for this storyline, it's gonna annoyed folk again. He should had left well alone and not gone there. Thank goodness the title is out of his hands in another eight issues. I admit it has picked-up some steam, but I do want clarification on some points and wrapped with a 'definite' ending. No wish to have to look at the planned mini-series for any resolution, otherwise editorial may as well allowed him to continue to his original timetable. To me, King just seems responsible for a lot of character damage.
    Last edited by Franny6422; 08-25-2019 at 09:17 AM.