Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    It is quite amazing to see such a division of opinions over a Comic run.
    Been a while since I have seen something of this magnitude.

Personally, I'm 50/50 on this run.

I heavily disliked Spoiler and Batgirl, I don't know how they were when someone else wrote them but here I hated their holier than thou attitude towards the Bat. Frankly, I would have rather seen Gordon back in the wheelchair, I liked her more as Oracle than Batgirl.

I liked the interactions between Clayface and Cassandra Cain tbh, it hurt to see him get killed yet glad when he popped up alive even if it was just to make sure she was going to be ok.

Hated Batwoman, her dad and his private militia of bat fakes and that little **** who tried to concert Tim to the Darkside, I especially hated her when she shot Clayface (not forgetting that anytime soon...and the new CW series to probably stoke the flames of that hatred).

Finally, I really enjoyed seeing the interactions between Bat and Cat and others' reactions to it. I loved how his sons and Duke freaked when Alfred tells them they have gone to get Holly from Talia. I loved the double date with Clark and Lois, I loved them doing things the other liked...even if they weren't legal per say. I liked Happy Batman over constantly brooding/misreable Batman.

I'm pretty much neutral on King but will see if that change at the end of his run or not.

But as far as potential comments that may come after mine I will say this: King can't make everyone happy and he shouldn't even bother to & No one forced anyone to read his work, if you read it and don't like that's on the reader and not the writter so people should just accept resposability for their actions and not needless lash out at others who don't share their opinions.

Some people like King, some hate him and the world will keep spinning regardless.
    Most of what you just described wasn't even King's run. Most of that was in Detective.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Especially considering that the alternative to CatGod beating Talia is actually TaliaGod, which is equally stupid and just as bad as BatGod. Normals should be able to take out normals, whether its due to luck, training or some other factor. In King's world, anyone can take out anyone else if the conditions are right. Batman took out Superman with a whistle. Catwoman took out three flashes.

This run is a bit whackadoodle at times. Its fun. This is what comics are supposed to be.
    What are you talking about? TaliaGod? Did she beat Superman? No, she should however be able to beat Catwoman in a sword fight. Didn't she even say she hadn't used a sword before? It was just shitty writing to make Catwoman seem unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    It is quite amazing to see such a division of opinions over a Comic run.
    Been a while since I have seen something of this magnitude.

Personally, I'm 50/50 on this run.

I heavily disliked Spoiler and Batgirl, I don't know how they were when someone else wrote them but here I hated their holier than thou attitude towards the Bat. Frankly, I would have rather seen Gordon back in the wheelchair, I liked her more as Oracle than Batgirl.

I liked the interactions between Clayface and Cassandra Cain tbh, it hurt to see him get killed yet glad when he popped up alive even if it was just to make sure she was going to be ok.

Hated Batwoman, her dad and his private militia of bat fakes and that little **** who tried to concert Tim to the Darkside, I especially hated her when she shot Clayface (not forgetting that anytime soon...and the new CW series to probably stoke the flames of that hatred).

Finally, I really enjoyed seeing the interactions between Bat and Cat and others' reactions to it. I loved how his sons and Duke freaked when Alfred tells them they have gone to get Holly from Talia. I loved the double date with Clark and Lois, I loved them doing things the other liked...even if they weren't legal per say. I liked Happy Batman over constantly brooding/misreable Batman.

I'm pretty much neutral on King but will see if that change at the end of his run or not.

But as far as potential comments that may come after mine I will say this: King can't make everyone happy and he shouldn't even bother to & No one forced anyone to read his work, if you read it and don't like that's on the reader and not the writter so people should just accept resposability for their actions and not needless lash out at others who don't share their opinions.

Some people like King, some hate him and the world will keep spinning regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Most of what you just described wasn't even King's run. Most of that was in Detective.
    Yes, the bulk of those events are from Detective comics, not Batman. Written by Tynion, not King.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Yes, the bulk of those events are from Detective comics, not Batman. Written by Tynion, not King.
    We were talking about King, how do your thoughts on Tynion's run contribute anything to this discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    We were talking about King, how do your thoughts on Tynion's run contribute anything to this discussion?
    Are you talking to me, or Hulkout42. Because I think it's obvious that I was pointing-out the other person's mix-up of writers.

Incredible Member

Sorry, hit the wrong button. I meant the other person.

What are you talking about? TaliaGod? Did she beat Superman? No, she should however be able to beat Catwoman in a sword fight. Didn't she even say she hadn't used a sword before? It was just shitty writing to make Catwoman seem unbeatable.
    Just exaggerating to make a point, that point being that whoever wins in this case is who you want to win. You think Talia is a better fighter than Selena, I get it. Heck, I think Talia beats Catwoman at least 9 out of 10 times. But in this case Batman had fought Talia first, tiring her out. This was the 1 out of 10 times Catwoman wins, and I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    She's the the daughter of Ra's al Ghul and his infamous prop. The prize for his next heir. Being a trained fighter is not a big deal, being trained by the League of Assassins isn't even that big of a deal as lets be real. Most of those guys are fodder. Talia has never been some elite fighter, not that she doesn't know how to fight, or that she isn't deadly, but not because of how she fights in strait up fights. Talia didn't get stomped, and ultimately Selina beat Talia by turning the fight into a brawl. Selina is the more accomplished combatant in general. She's fought against people with swords before. That isn't some insurmountable obstacle. All she had to do was take the swords away, which is what she did. They had an issue long fight though. That wasn't a case of "im one of the best fighters in the word" *one punch*, Tyrion ****. Even Silencer stomped her harder the Selina did.
    Seriously. Its hilarious that "trained by Ra's al Ghul" is supposed to be such a big deal. You know who else was "trained by Ra's al Ghul?" A bazillion random ninjas who always show up when Ra's is around and always get taken down in two seconds like the nameless fodder that they are. Just a couple of issues ago Bruce and his dad pwned like 12 of them who were elite, trained by Ra's guys who were protecting his alleged prize possession. And there are countless other examples.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

Just exaggerating to make a point, that point being that whoever wins in this case is who you want to win. You think Talia is a better fighter than Selena, I get it. Heck, I think Talia beats Catwoman at least 9 out of 10 times. But in this case Batman had fought Talia first, tiring her out. This was the 1 out of 10 times Catwoman wins, and I'm ok with that.

Seriously. Its hilarious that "trained by Ra's al Ghul" is supposed to be such a big deal. You know who else was "trained by Ra's al Ghul?" A bazillion random ninjas who always show up when Ra's is around and always get taken down in two seconds like the nameless fodder that they are. Just a couple of issues ago Bruce and his dad pwned like 12 of them who were elite, trained by Ra's guys who were protecting his alleged prize possession. And there are countless other examples.
    I doubt those bazillion random ninjas were trained by Ra's though. Just because they are part of the League doesn't mean they are trained by Ra's. Pretty sure he only works with the elite, which his daughter would be one of. There are definitely instances where Catwoman could beat Talia, the instance depicted in the comic is not one of them. Street fight? Sure. Saying she's only held a sword once before and then matching and beating Talia who's been trained with one for most of her life? Bullshit. That's piss poor writing and was used to put Catwoman over Talia in her own arena.

In the Balent run of Catwoman, she learned martial arts and was an expert swordsman. She could have been lying or exaggerating when she said she only held a sword once before. King is a known fan of Balent and the 1990s Catwoman depictions. So King didn't just pull it out of his behind.

Extraordinary Member

In the Balent run of Catwoman, she learned martial arts and was an expert swordsman. She could have been lying or exaggerating when she said she only held a sword once before. King is a known fan of Balent and the 1990s Catwoman depictions. So King didn't just pull it out of his behind.
    Calling Catwoman an expert swordswoman (who said she had only used them twice in her life, then beating Talia) is like saying Tim drake is the best with a bow staff

Funny, I believe that if we look back at the discussion you were the one raging. I tried to be, for the most part, pretty calm about it. I went "silent" as you say because I moved on with my life. I like how you continously try to insult me though. Really shows how limited you are.
    Don't see any "rage" in my previous discussions. Meanwhile all of your comments have been drenched in anger while also insulting others, that's why I called it out.

Things like this are really people nitpicking at the hardest level because they want something to be mad about. There are many issues throughout, and many have already mentioned alot of them, but when its the minor things that keep getting brought up over and over, it feels less impactful (Not to mention ____ can beat ____ in a fight discussions are really just pointless in all of comics in general)

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Calling Catwoman an expert swordswoman (who said she had only used them twice in her life, then beating Talia) is like saying Tim drake is the best with a bow staff
    Its hilarious that people consider Catwoman to be a reliable witness about herself. She'd be so proud of her ability to deceive even through the fourth wall!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Don't see any "rage" in my previous discussions. Meanwhile all of your comments have been drenched in anger while also insulting others, that's why I called it out.

Things like this are really people nitpicking at the hardest level because they want something to be mad about. There are many issues throughout, and many have already mentioned alot of them, but when its the minor things that keep getting brought up over and over, it feels less impactful (Not to mention ____ can beat ____ in a fight discussions are really just pointless in all of comics in general)
    HA!!! It's funny when someone as condescending as you are tries to tell others their comments are "drenched in anger". Look back on our previous conversation, I was pretty calm and rational. You were incredibly rude.
    Last edited by Talon1load; 08-27-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Mosameen

Can you people stop insulting and calling each other names over a comic book and fictional characters.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mosameen View Post
    Can you people stop insulting and calling each other names over a comic book and fictional characters.
    Fixed now.