Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    We were talking about King, how do your thoughts on Tynion's run contribute anything to this discussion?
    That was my fault, apologies for the mix-up.

Though i do remain 50/50 on King.

Sorry, hit the wrong button. I meant the other person.
    Okay.

Recent highlights of the batfamily since the start of dc rebirth include:

Bruce beating Jason half to death and telling him he deserves to get beaten up from time to time.

Bruce sending Cass and Duke away to work with Black Lightning, so he doesn't have to take care of them anymore.

Bruce letting Dick run around as Ric, a homeless, drunk cab driver.

Bruce punching Tim in the face , because he dared to care about his emotional state, but Bruce was too angry after his remaining allies didn't believe his claims about Bane he had no evidence for.

Bruce ignoring his son's birthday, letting him run around on his own for months after an off-screen argument before remembering that he has parental responsibilities for exactly one arc in detective comics and being a neglectful parent in general.

But hey, it's okay. He took a photo with them and said cheese. Father of the year, 10/10.
    Also the part where he manipulates Batwoman into joining a team with him, so he can keep an eye on her, then sending Julia Pennyworth to babysit her on missions outside of Gotham (and here I thought Kate was a grown woman who didn't need her older cousin's supervision).

To be fair, the Jason, Duke and Cass, and Kate stuff were all by other authors and not King or his Batman run. Mostly 'Tec, and also Red Hood and Batwoman series.

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Is he dead though? And if he is, do we seriously believe he won't be resurrected? This kind of shock tactic is now so tiring and frankly doesn't carry the impact it use to have, especially after we now had a spate of them. Also is this the storyline that King stated would change Batman for generations? Wasn't it over-ruled? Is it a ruse by Bane?
    Eh, if it's a fake-out death we did that not so long ago with Tim. If it's actual death, then he gets resurrected, I'm hard pressed to think of who in the Bat-Family hasn't already been through this, (though not all in the same continuity of course). Let's see:

Fake-out-death:
    Dick
    Tim
    Stephanie

Died and resurrected:
    Jason
    Damian
    Cassandra
    Kate

Hasn't died yet (?):
    Babs
    Luke
    Duke
    Harper
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 08-27-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Okay.

Also the part where he manipulates Batwoman into joining a team with him, so he can keep an eye on her, then sending Julia Pennyworth to babysit her on missions outside of Gotham (and here I thought Kate was a grown woman who didn't need her older cousin's supervision).

To be fair, the Jason, Duke and Cass, and Kate stuff were all by other authors and not King or his Batman run. Mostly 'Tec, and also Red Hood and Batwoman series.

Eh, if it's a fake-out death we did that not so long ago with Tim. If it's actual death, then he gets resurrected, I'm hard pressed to think of who in the Bat-Family hasn't already been through this, (though not all in the same continuity of course). Let's see:

Fake-out-death:
    Dick
    Tim
    Stephanie

Died and resurrected:
    Jason
    Damian
    Cassandra
    Kate

Hasn't died yet (?):
    Babs
    Luke
    Duke
    Harper
    Dick really did die. Lex stopped his heart.
    Alfred also has died back in the day and came back evil [though that could have been a fake out ]

Dick is dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dick is dead...
    Sort of, he's "Ric" now (unless I've missed something?).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ric is death.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ric is death.
    On that point, I must agree. Ric is like death and then being reincarnated as a tapeworm or maybe as Kim Jong-un.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

King's run is looking better and better in light of all those other developments going on in other mags. Holy crap.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I don't suppose there's any chance of actual 'lasting' consequences and Alfred actually staying dead for up to a year? If a character is going to be killed it would be refreshing, assuming it's not another fake-out-death (I'm sick of those too), that they actually stay dead for for a decent amount of time. Tim's fake-out-death was pretty bad IMHO in that he was revealed alive in the same issue, but worst and most pointless death I can think of was Batwoman's because she literally came back to life moments later.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    King's run is looking better and better in light of all those other developments going on in other mags. Holy crap.
    You'd think so but Nah. King's Batman still is far far worse than the others [not to mention responsible for a few of those developments] but thankfully we have JL, Tec, Dceased to name just a few where batman is very human, a great father and a responsible competent hero/person who speaks in complete sentences.

White Knight, Batman/Superman, BWL, Last Knight on earth, Batman Universe don't make me a grown man well up from the gut punching emotional feels of seeing Batman open up an d be vulnerable but they deliver classic ass kicking, interesting engaging stories.

Batman/Tmnt is funny, action packed and a fun fast paced read.

Batman fans are quite lucky. The main Title might be trash but we've got plenty of choice.