Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Not a fan of deus ex machinas.

I honestly can't wait to read the dithyrambic reviews of King's run after tomorrow's issue. It'll be really funny seeing them trying to cope with it and twist in a way where it won't be "It's just that damned Damian fault, he's always been an assohole anyway!". If they bother with it, instead of glossing over one more of King's terrible writing and story decision.

But, hey, at least Damian may have defeated Gotahm-Girl ?

I'm curious how Damian got a hold of the witch boy's wand? Somehow I don't think they're going to tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I actually really like Glass' Damian. He feels like a more complew character than just an arrogant jerk, like too many peoples see him. He's only missing Goliath to be really great to me.
    I have mixed feelings on Glass' writing when it comes to Damian. On one hand, yes, this is the most complex and developed Damian has ever been written by anyone not named Tomasi or Gleason. But a lot of the times, and I can't put my finger on exactly why, something about the way he writes him and the things he has him do just feel...off.

As for what King is about to do, I'm also torn on it. Again, on one hand, those saying the Batfam can't just let Gotham fall for the sake of one man are right. But on the other hand.... Damian's attitude regarding Alfred in the last issue doesn't really help his case. I think my problem is less that he's knowingly putting Alfred in harm's way, and more that he doesn't seem to care. And that's one of the biggest mistakes I've seen writers still make when it comes to Damian. That he's still this petulant brat who doesn't care about anyone but Dick, when that has been far from the case for years.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

As for what King is about to do, I'm also torn on it. Again, on one hand, those saying the Batfam can't just let Gotham fall for the sake of one man are right. But on the other hand.... Damian's attitude regarding Alfred in the last issue doesn't really help his case. I think my problem is less that he's knowingly putting Alfred in harm's way, and more that he doesn't seem to care. And that's one of the biggest mistakes I've seen writers still make when it comes to Damian. That he's still this petulant brat who doesn't care about anyone but Dick, when that has been far from the case for years.
    I imagine a lot of people are going to be super unhappy regarding Damian. But given the scenario he finds himself - no Bruce, no Alfred, no Dick - it’s hard to imagine a scenario where he makes a different choice. Talking tough, particularly talking tough to Tim, to hide his fears about Alfred would be pretty typical fronting and he’s not taking a risk with Alfred’s life if he is confident he can win. Even at his best, Damian has pretty high self-belief in his own capabilities and vulnerability to pride.

It's a pretty typical hostage situation and the last thing the Batfamily can really do is negotiate with hostage takers.

From the batfamilies point of view, Bruce is missing and possibly not coming back. The longer the wait outside Gotham the more random innocents die. Longer they prioritize alfred's safety, the longer the people of Gotham suffer.

Alfred probably wouldn't want the Batfamily to stay out of Gotham and let it suffer just for his sake.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'm curious how Damian got a hold of the witch boy's wand? Somehow I don't think they're going to tell us.
    Close your eyes and imagine that somewhere between the recesses of fluctuating continuity that Klarion was a member of Teen Titans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Close your eyes and imagine that somewhere between the recesses of fluctuating continuity that Klarion was a member of Teen Titans
    My mind immediately leapt to the Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) Valentine's Day issue but I'm not sure Damian was in it.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Something BIG happens in this issue. Stay off social media if you don't want to be spoiled!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Empty is thy hand!

I imagine this big new change won't even last as long as Alfred's chopped off hand.

Enjoy the short pop from the 'controversy.'

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I honestly can't wait to read the dithyrambic reviews of King's run after tomorrow's issue. It'll be really funny seeing them trying to cope with it and twist in a way where it won't be "It's just that damned Damian fault, he's always been an assohole anyway!". If they bother with it, instead of glossing over one more of King's terrible writing and story decision.
    I mean, why can't it be both?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

has anyone seen the leaked page?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    has anyone seen the leaked page?
    Yup.

Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Something BIG happens in this issue. Stay off social media if you don't want to be spoiled!
    And we know it's really real and not a dream sequence?

I imagine this big new change won't even last as long as Alfred's chopped off hand.

Enjoy the short pop from the 'controversy.'
    I'd forgotten about the hand (only read about it; didn't read story). How long did that last? Was there an explanation?

Meh, can't even say I care at this point, except in annoyance at general trends. For me, it's just shock value - I don't feel like it means anything, and I'm tired of that. I read about it and I just groan in annoyance. Haven't even tried to look for page.

Mighty Member

The longer preview ties back to Damian's chat with Kal in Rules of Engagement (which lends some credence to his conversation with Tim being, like his conversation with Dick, mostly bluster). It's a pretty fun call back. I love brash Damian.

As to the spoiler at the end (yeah, I saw it), I imagine it's just as chilling and permanent as that time Cat/Bat walked into the Batcave and saw three Robins hanging dead.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm