Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

How did Damian even get Klarion's wand?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Meh if people are going to hate the character based on this then they weren't that big a fan anyway or are too easily swayed. so not that worried about people hating on Damian.
    I was expecting far worse to be honest.
    I haven't read it but it doesn't sound too bad to me. I'm not that shocked Bane killed Alfred. If I was bane looking to dismantle Batman's support system and break him emotionally Alfred would have been the 1st to go ages ago.

I'm more surprised at TT. Sounds like everyone drank the koolaid
    I feel like the only people in TT who know what Damian and Djin are up to is Emiko.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    How did Damian even get Klarion's wand?
    That's what I want to know too.

Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    I think maybe you're mixing up the Tweedles with Arthur Wesker, the Ventriloquist in #75.
    Not at all. They are the one strapping Two Faces in Arkham at the end of 75.

I think you have to accept it's in the Gotham bubble and once you do that, it's okay. Yeah, if he could call on Superman and Jon and call on the Teen Titans that makes nonsense of the story but that's true of so many Batman stories.

But if you accept that his wider DCU teams are unavailable, then he's so isolated. He's got no Dick, no Alfred, no Bruce. The only Batfamily member he knows well who is around is Tim, who as far as he is concerned is being a coward, as usual, and who doesn't know what to do either. He's done his homework and researched both Gotham Girl and Thomas before he's come. He can take her out and he believes he can take Thomas. Of course he's going to act and try and save his city.

But he's also a scared 13 year old boy and so he makes a mistake.
    I honestly wasn't even thinking of any non-Bat hero when I said that. I've long since accepted that, for some reason, Bruce has claim over Gotham and no other hero is allowed to help make that place less of a hellhole. That said, you would think at least one member of the family would be smart enough to anticipate Damian doing something like this (especially Tim). But I guess they were all like me and thought that even he wouldn't be this dumb.

Damian didn't technically act out of character but, once again, it feels like his arrogance and overall lack of common sense were exaggerated to levels that he shouldn't be at anymore. It's kind of the same issue I have with him in Teen Titans (kinda funny how that series is the most mature and immature he's been) I don't know if puberty has put his brain out of whack or something but sometimes it feels like his judgement was better at ten years old (post-death) than it has been lately. This is the third time in a VERY short amount of time that he's gotten his ass kicked for being an idiot. I hope this is the time he actually learns something.

Like I said, he doesn't necessarily feel...wrong or out of character. Just....slightly off. Exaggerated even. I hope they're going somewhere with the fact that he's had more **** ups, thanks to his hubris, than victories in recent years
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-21-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Did we get any explanation for the wand?

Amazing Member

So will Batman now get and AI butler?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I mean, yeah, that's pretty justified. Nothing a writer does to a fictional character deserves the amount of bile they get online nowadays. If you're getting death threats and DC have to hire you a bodyguard because you broke up a fictional couple, a little bit of bemoaning is the least you have earned.

Because he said the change was coming in Batcat 12, not in Batman 77 and because he just recently established a pit which can swap a life for a life. And Thomas swapping his life for Alfred's is a way they could remove Thomas from the board again while getting Bruce back to a place where he doesn't detest his father...
    Huh. I like that. I don't think it will make readers view Thomas as anything more than egoistic since his priority is still only Bruce, but that will probably be enough for Bruce's feeling to go neutral.

Amazing Member

Its still amazing to me how bad King's Batman is. Batman gets beaten by his father despite the fact that Batman should be a much better fighter than him. I really hate King's run and cant wait until it ends.

Keep in mind that Batman wasn't at his peak condition when the fight occurred. He has been through hell, both physicaly and mentally. You could easily explain the loss this way. Plus, cant remember if it was ever explained what kind of training Thomas had. For all we know he could be better trained than Bruce
    Last edited by bat1987; 08-21-2019 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Batman gets beaten by his father despite the fact that Batman should be a much better fighter than him.
    We don't know that. Before being revived in Rebirth, Thomas was in all of about 5 or 6 issues. We don't know the extent of his training.

Not to mention Bruce is fighting a father he long idealized. Yes, it's an alternate universe version, but it's still the face of a man he based his entire life mission behind avenging. Needless to say, his heart probably wasn't fully in that flight.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Its still amazing to me how bad King's Batman is. Batman gets beaten by his father despite the fact that Batman should be a much better fighter than him. I really hate King's run and cant wait until it ends.
    All of this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Did we get any explanation for the wand?
    No and I doubt that we will get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Not at all. They are the one strapping Two Faces in Arkham at the end of 75.
    In issue #76 they mentioned that they had escaped Arkham. It’s not a continuity problem. They were working for Bane without mind control, they chose to escape and were captured
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I don't think Alfred is dead. I think we'll find out that Thomas replaced him with a double for reasons, and the double was killed while Alfred is still locked away. Or at least that's what the next writer will say to undo the death.

I had high hopes for Damian here, especially when he took down GG, but then he got his ass beat with a punch and a curb stomp. Meh.