Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default Is there a chance of seeing Genis-Vell and his sister Phyla in the MCU?

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Genis-Vell_(Earth-616)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Phyla-Vell_(Earth-616)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Phyla...(Earth-TRN707)

We don't really know what MCU Mar-Vell (She-Vell?) was up to before she ended up on Earth. She might have had some kids somewhere.

That's my thought. I wouldn't be surprised to see Phyla show up in a future film (interesting character and a LGBT checkbox? She's win/win, I almost expect to see her). I dont think we'll see Genis Starface though. They could be the Worfs to the Kree's Klingons.

Oooooh-whattagooseiam!

Honestly, with how they treated Mar-Vell by giving us a character that had so little to do with him that it might as well be a completely original character and promptly killed them in a flashback, I don’t see them adapting his kids. While comics Mar-Vell had importance beyond Carol, the MCU version just seems to be little more than a footnote in Carol’s history.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 08-18-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly, with how they treated Mar-Vell by giving us a character that had so little to do with him that it might as well be a completely original character and promptly killed them in a flashback, I don’t see them adapting his kids.
    Mar-Vell Is one of my favorite Marvel heroes since i read Jim Starlin's run. Imagine how i felt about the MCU version being nothing more than a Mythology Gag.

Wasn't Phyla in the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon in her Quasar costume? She was a Kree Accuser, seems they could do the same thing in the movies

MCU Mar-Vell was an older woman by the time Carol met her, so it's highly probable she had some kids at some point in her life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Wasn't Phyla in the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon in her Quasar costume? She was a Kree Accuser, seems they could do the same thing in the movies
    The Kree's going to need someone who can go toe-to-toe with Carol. Having it be one of Mar-Vell's kids would be an added dose of irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The Cosmicbooknews guys are gonna be triggered if they make MCU Phyla into Quasar.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

It's asbolutely possible to make it happen. Now if Marvel will actually want to use them, that's another story. I think Phyla may be safe due to her connection to the Guardians Of The Galaxy. James Gunn already teased Quasar in the third movie and there are rumors about Drax's daughter appearing. Taking into consideration that Gunn's Guardians are inspired by DnA's run, I think all signs point to Phyla/Heather joining the franchise right now. Not sure if they will make Phyla a Vell, but I would like if they did. I mean, we don't know anything about MCU Mar-Vell's personal life. She could've had kids, grandkids, for all we know.

Genis... is in a more difficult spot, IMO. Because he can't be the star of his own Captain Marvel movie, and he doesn't have many affiliations in the comics outside of solo books with the exception of Thunderbolts, I think? And even then, I don't see him being a priority for a Thunderbolts movie in the MCU, as he is not one of the most popular or classic members of that particular team. So I'm not sure how they would fit him in the MCU if they want to be comic accurate. I guess he could be a supporting character in the Captain Marvel movie who takes interest in her mission because he wants to honor his mom's legacy, but his role would definitely be limited because Marvel wouldn't want anyone upstaging Carol as Captain Marvel. And judging by the way that particular movie treated Mar, I'm not exactly looking forward to their portrayal of the rest of the Vell family. It might be best for them to have stories elsewhere so they won't be thrown under the bus for Carol's sake.

Something I suggested in the Young Avengers thread is that they could turn Genis into the ''Mar-Vell of the MCU'', in the sense that they could use him for stories they weren't able to tell with the actual Mar-Vell because the character was wasted on Carol's origin story. So we could have Genis with the Nega-Bands, being the Protector Of The Universe, being the father of Phyla and Teddy, and maybe, dare I suggest, him being the protagonist of a ''The Death Of Captain Marvel'' kind of story. And they could tell his story through movies related to his family. Like, if we're gonna get Phyla's origins in a GOTG or another cosmic movie, then it'd make sense to have Genis playing a role there. In a Young Avengers movie that tells Hulkling's origin and the Kree/Skrull conflict behind it, he'd naturally have a role there too. I mean, it's not ideal, but at least it's a way to give him a role while still trying to honor some parts of Mar-Vell's history, and he wouldn't need to be in Carol's shadow to have a story.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-18-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It's asbolutely possible to make it happen. Now if Marvel will actually want to use them, that's another story. I think Phyla may be safe due to her connection to the Guardians Of The Galaxy. James Gunn already teased Quasar in the third movie and there are rumors about Drax's daughter appearing. Taking into consideration that Gunn's Guardians are inspired by DnA's run, I think all signs point to Phyla/Heather joining the franchise right now. Not sure if they will make Phyla a Vell, but I would like if they did. I mean, we don't know anything about MCU Mar-Vell's personal life. She could've had kids, grandkids, for all we know.

Genis... is in a more difficult spot, IMO. Because he can't be the star of his own Captain Marvel movie, and he doesn't have many affiliations in the comics outside of solo books with the exception of Thunderbolts, I think? And even then, I don't see him being a priority for a Thunderbolts movie in the MCU, as he is not one of the most popular or classic members of that particular team. So I'm not sure how they would fit him in the MCU if they want to be comic accurate. I guess he could be a supporting character in the Captain Marvel movie who takes interest in her mission because he wants to honor his mom's legacy, but his role would definitely be limited because Marvel wouldn't want anyone upstaging Carol as Captain Marvel. And judging by the way that particular movie treated Mar, I'm not exactly looking forward to their portrayal of the rest of the Vell family. It might be best for them to have stories elsewhere so they won't be thrown under the bus for Carol's sake.

Something I suggested in the Young Avengers thread is that they could turn Genis into the ''Mar-Vell of the MCU'', in the sense that they could use him for stories they weren't able to tell with the actual Mar-Vell because the character was wasted on Carol's origin story. So we could have Genis with the Nega-Bands, being the Protector Of The Universe, being the father of Phyla and Teddy, and maybe, dare I suggest, him being the protagonist of a ''The Death Of Captain Marvel'' kind of story. And they could tell his story through movies related to his family. Like, if we're gonna get Phyla's origins in a GOTG or another cosmic movie, then it'd make sense to have Genis playing a role there. In a Young Avengers movie that tells Hulkling's origin and the Kree/Skrull conflict behind it, he'd naturally have a role there too. I mean, it's not ideal, but at least it's a way to give him a role while still trying to honor some parts of Mar-Vell's history, and he wouldn't need to be in Carol's shadow to have a story.
    I would really like if they keep Phyla as She-Vell's daughter because i don't like their tendency of making every Kree character into a uncool hate sink villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Genis... is in a more difficult spot, IMO. Because he can't be the star of his own Captain Marvel movie, and he doesn't have many affiliations in the comics outside of solo books with the exception of Thunderbolts, I think? And even then, I don't see him being a priority for a Thunderbolts movie in the MCU, as he is not one of the most popular or classic members of that particular team.
    Yeah, in fact, they ended up killing him off in that Thunderbolts series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, in fact, they ended up killing him off in that Thunderbolts series.
    Zemo separated Genis body into pieces to save the universe.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

I would like to see Phyla more than Genis. She was great in the Dan Abnett stuff. I've had a harder time getting into Genis as a character with Peter David's series and the older stuff with him as Legacy.

I felt like the movie left it open on Mar-Vell. Sure they made it look like she died in the crash, but it would be easy for a superhero movie to just say she lost her memory or passed out or something. Most of what happened in the original series by Roy Thomas and Gene Colan could have happened for the most part. They just never show us one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Zemo separated Genis body into pieces to save the universe.
    And then Zemo made out with Songbird in front of Genis' memorial site.