Thread: Batman vs. Link

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    There's a difference between gear providing protection and making him borderline invulnerable.

I'm disinclined to believe that Link is tough enough to basically ignore being hit with a tree trunk by a giant outside of gameplay mechanics. He's generally presented tough, but tough by human standards, not taking shots from King Kong tough.

If you have some evidence that Link actually is borderline invulnerable outside of gameplay mechanics, what is it?
    Considering ALL of his mechanics are game mechanics, probably nothing by your standards? There is true power scaling in BoTW though. He's not remotely "near invulnerable". Even with maxed out gear, a gold Lynel landing a good hit drains multiple hearts because they are just that much more potent then the previously mentioned stuff.

I dont even remotely subscribe to the notion that his feats make him basically invincible being my point.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 08-19-2019 at 10:19 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure