View Poll Results: Which Version of The Avengers Should Appear in the MCU?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Avengers

11 42.31%
  • The Ultimates

15 57.69%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Who's Next? New Avengers or Ultimates?

Which version of the Avengers should appear next in the MCU?

New Avengers or Ewings' Ultimates?
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-19-2019 at 04:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Young Avengers.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Should: the Ultimates or Sunspot's Avengers
    Would: the Young Avengers (without the best members) or some New Avengers team including characters already introduced (Spidey, Panther, Cap Marvel)
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Young Avengers.
    I would love to see them plant the seeds for the original YA to be in the MCU.

Maybe something on Disney+.

We already have Panther, Marvel and Monica in the MCU for Ultimates.

But they could easily be NA too. Add Spidey and Strange and you could make arguments for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We already have Panther, Marvel and Monica in the MCU for Ultimates.

But they could easily be NA too. Add Spidey and Strange and you could make arguments for both teams.

I'm worried they're going to stick Holldand's Spidey on a New Avengers team. I don't think it would be a good thing for him character-wise.

Strange I think would just pop in if he's needed but for all we know whatever the next Avengers are won't have a standing roster.

Feige's already said we'll have a new Avengers team eventually, just with a completely different roster. I guess they might build up to that somewhat over the course of Phase 4 and into Phase 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm worried they're going to stick Holldand's Spidey on a New Avengers team. I don't think it would be a good thing for him character-wise.

Strange I think would just pop in if he's needed but for all we know whatever the next Avengers are won't have a standing roster.

Feige's already said we'll have a new Avengers team eventually, just with a completely different roster. I guess they might build up to that somewhat over the course of Phase 4 and into Phase 5.
    Yeah, I don't there should be too much of a rush for another team right away.

Maybe some solo films for new characters can lead to a reason for a new team to form.

I think they should hold off on New Avengers and do Dark Avengers first; then have the New team be the ones who take down their Dark counterparts.

Ultimates would be cool, but I can't see that happening any time soon.

-Pav, who thinks Dark Avengers and Thunderbolts could end up being really great...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I voted for the Millar’s Ultimates. I doubt MCU would do them. Viewers might be shocked and a little confused over this darker version of Avengers. I would like to see it though.

Young Avengers.
    They are slowly building a younger group of Avengers. Spider-Man, Shuri, Cassie Lang, and presumably Kate Bishop. Maybe even that young kid from Iron Man

Voted for the Ultimates.

I think the Avengers name needs to be put on the shelf for a little while after Endgame. I mean, with that film fresh in everyone's minds there's no way another Avengers film will equal audience expectations, and in this case it might be better to *not* capitalize on success and push for another installment (we don't need another Age of Ultron style letdown). But the Ultimates? That's a different kind of team, we've already got members in the movies (and adult Monica on her way) and this is a chance to explore the cosmic side of the Snappening and how the galaxy now views earth (being ground zero for the Snap and then undoing it? Being a part of the Nine Realms, which is no longer the empire it was? Lots to tackle here).

I'm also hoping to see the Thunderbolts before 2025 or so.....I think there's enough villains running around now they could pull it off.

The New Avengers......not yet. Maybe that can be the next Avengers film, but I want a good chunk of time to pass before we see "Avengers" in a movie title again.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I would love to see them plant the seeds for the original YA to be in the MCU.

Maybe something on Disney+.
    There's rumors that Marvel isn't interested in an Ant-Man 3. My hope is for an Ant-Man 3 with Scott, Hope, and Cassie. Depending on what they plan to do with WandaVision, maybe it could lay the seeds for Wiccan and Seed. If there's a Hawkeye show, that'll take care of Kate Bishop. Depending on how they want to handle it, I think much of the cast could be introduced in a Young Avengers movie with Cassie and Kate being the most likely exceptions.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

New Avengers should be the climax of Phase 5.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Voted for the Ultimates.

I think the Avengers name needs to be put on the shelf for a little while after Endgame. I mean, with that film fresh in everyone's minds there's no way another Avengers film will equal audience expectations, and in this case it might be better to *not* capitalize on success and push for another installment (we don't need another Age of Ultron style letdown). But the Ultimates? That's a different kind of team, we've already got members in the movies (and adult Monica on her way) and this is a chance to explore the cosmic side of the Snappening and how the galaxy now views earth (being ground zero for the Snap and then undoing it? Being a part of the Nine Realms, which is no longer the empire it was? Lots to tackle here).

I'm also hoping to see the Thunderbolts before 2025 or so.....I think there's enough villains running around now they could pull it off.

The New Avengers......not yet. Maybe that can be the next Avengers film, but I want a good chunk of time to pass before we see "Avengers" in a movie title again.
    Sound reasoning for The Ultimates. A team that comes together and tries to figure out what happened to everyone because of the snap.

Maybe they were sent to the Negative Zone perhaps?

There's rumors that Marvel isn't interested in an Ant-Man 3. My hope is for an Ant-Man 3 with Scott, Hope, and Cassie. Depending on what they plan to do with WandaVision, maybe it could lay the seeds for Wiccan and Seed. If there's a Hawkeye show, that'll take care of Kate Bishop. Depending on how they want to handle it, I think much of the cast could be introduced in a Young Avengers movie with Cassie and Kate being the most likely exceptions.
    Eli and Iron Lad could be problems as well.

They could do a combo of the original and the new team, pick a few from each team. But my preference is for all of the originals.