View Poll Results: Which Version of The Avengers Should Appear in the MCU?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Avengers

11 42.31%
  • The Ultimates

15 57.69%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Eli and Iron Lad could be problems as well.

They could do a combo of the original and the new team, pick a few from each team. But my preference is for all of the originals.
    I don't understand, why not Eli?

At first I was confused and thought “wasn’t the first Avengers movie basically the Ultimates?” Millar’s Ultimates volume one and two were some of my all time favorite Marvel comics.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Sound reasoning for The Ultimates. A team that comes together and tries to figure out what happened to everyone because of the snap.

Maybe they were sent to the Negative Zone perhaps?
    Perhaps they were........

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    There's rumors that Marvel isn't interested in an Ant-Man 3. My hope is for an Ant-Man 3 with Scott, Hope, and Cassie. Depending on what they plan to do with WandaVision, maybe it could lay the seeds for Wiccan and Seed. If there's a Hawkeye show, that'll take care of Kate Bishop. Depending on how they want to handle it, I think much of the cast could be introduced in a Young Avengers movie with Cassie and Kate being the most likely exceptions.
    I could see them saving Scott and Hope for when they eventually do another Avengers, although I expect Ant-Man 3 to probably introduce O'Grady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    New Avengers should be the climax of Phase 5.
    Either that or the FF and X-Men. Maybe finally do the Secret Wars adaption.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

If we're talking about the OG Ultimates from Earth-1610, I don't particularly care. Plus, I don't even think it's that necessary, as a lot of the MCU was already based on that particular universe, including the Avengers. Now, the most recent incarnation of the Ultimates from Earth-616 would be more than welcome in the MCU. The most known members already exist there and wouldn't need much introduction, and they could easily use the movie as the origin story for Blue Marvel as well (assuming Anti-Man would also appear as a villain). And then there's America Chavez, who's kind of the wildcard of the group. I can see them introducing her as this mysterious girl with little background information, leaving a deeper exploration of the character for a later Young Avengers production, assuming she would have similar origins to her comic book counterpart. Anyway, in a post-Thanos world, it makes sense that they would need a team that would be Earth's first line of defense against big cosmic threats. The second post-credit scene from Spider-Man: Far From Home also alludes to that, since it looks like Fury is working in space with the Skrulls on some kind of project. Maybe it is the beginning of The Ultimates initiative.

I think a New Avengers is inevitable, but it should wait a little while. As far as the Avengers brand goes, I think it makes more sense to introduce the Young Avengers now and let them fill the gap the Avengers left until a big crossover event movie that would justify the main team coming back together (and the Young Avengers could introduce Kang, so they'd definitely have the right villain for big future stories). I feel like that's how it should've gone in the comics, but Marvel decided to introduce the YA so close to Bendis' New Avengers that the whole origin story of the team felt pointless at the time, since it was about Iron Lad creating a new team precisely because the Avengers WEREN'T around. So I hope they can recreate that in the MCU, but with the Avengers actually taking a long break that allows the YA to be THE Avengers team for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They are slowly building a younger group of Avengers. Spider-Man, Shuri, Cassie Lang, and presumably Kate Bishop. Maybe even that young kid from Iron Man
    I’m hoping that speed and Wiccan appear in the Wandavision show.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If we're talking Ewing's Ultimates, yep, picking them all day every day. Too bad that Zendaya is MJ, because she would have been great as America Chavez. But there is no shortage of Latinx actors who can fill the role. Maybe have the new Asgardian Queen (Tessa) introduce MAC as a trusted acquaintance and appoint her to the team? That just leaves Adam. I like his original introduction, so I wouldn't mind seeing that again in MCU, namely, a threat surfaces that the Avengers can't handle alone, so they go off to find a forgotten scientist, explorer and hero to help win the day.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Eli and Iron Lad could be problems as well.

They could do a combo of the original and the new team, pick a few from each team. But my preference is for all of the originals.
    My instinct typically is to start with the original team rather than reinventing the wheel, but the Avengers sort of mixed and matched and did a good job. I could see an argument for someone like Riri Williams over Iron Lad, for example, depending on how they want to handle the team.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I don't understand, why not Eli?
    Iirc, there was a big rights issue with Eli so Marvel basically stopped using him.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    At first I was confused and thought “wasn’t the first Avengers movie basically the Ultimates?” Millar’s Ultimates volume one and two were some of my all time favorite Marvel comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    If we're talking about the OG Ultimates from Earth-1610, I don't particularly care. Plus, I don't even think it's that necessary, as a lot of the MCU was already based on that particular universe, including the Avengers. Now, the most recent incarnation of the Ultimates from Earth-616 would be more than welcome in the MCU. The most known members already exist there and wouldn't need much introduction, and they could easily use the movie as the origin story for Blue Marvel as well (assuming Anti-Man would also appear as a villain). And then there's America Chavez, who's kind of the wildcard of the group. I can see them introducing her as this mysterious girl with little background information, leaving a deeper exploration of the character for a later Young Avengers production, assuming she would have similar origins to her comic book counterpart. Anyway, in a post-Thanos world, it makes sense that they would need a team that would be Earth's first line of defense against big cosmic threats. The second post-credit scene from Spider-Man: Far From Home also alludes to that, since it looks like Fury is working in space with the Skrulls on some kind of project. Maybe it is the beginning of The Ultimates initiative.

I think a New Avengers is inevitable, but it should wait a little while. As far as the Avengers brand goes, I think it makes more sense to introduce the Young Avengers now and let them fill the gap the Avengers left until a big crossover event movie that would justify the main team coming back together (and the Young Avengers could introduce Kang, so they'd definitely have the right villain for big future stories). I feel like that's how it should've gone in the comics, but Marvel decided to introduce the YA so close to Bendis' New Avengers that the whole origin story of the team felt pointless at the time, since it was about Iron Lad creating a new team precisely because the Avengers WEREN'T around. So I hope they can recreate that in the MCU, but with the Avengers actually taking a long break that allows the YA to be THE Avengers team for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If we're talking Ewing's Ultimates, yep, picking them all day every day. Too bad that Zendaya is MJ, because she would have been great as America Chavez. But there is no shortage of Latinx actors who can fill the role. Maybe have the new Asgardian Queen (Tessa) introduce MAC as a trusted acquaintance and appoint her to the team? That just leaves Adam. I like his original introduction, so I wouldn't mind seeing that again in MCU, namely, a threat surfaces that the Avengers can't handle alone, so they go off to find a forgotten scientist, explorer and hero to help win the day.
    Yes, I'm referring to Ewings' version of the Ultimates.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

I could see the YA forming but I don't think that they should be THE flagship Avengers team in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could see them saving Scott and Hope for when they eventually do another Avengers, although I expect Ant-Man 3 to probably introduce O'Grady.
    I expect to see Goliath and/or Stature in Ant-Man 3 (it seems clear they're laying the groundwork for Cassie)......but if the Studio really thinks Ant-Man is big enough to need a legacy once Rudd's contract is over......yeah, maybe they'll do O'Grady. But honestly I don't see it, I think they'll just use Cassie as the legacy.

Not sure where the rumors are coming from that they're not doing Ant-Man 3. Both films have done well right? What's the reason they wouldn't do a third? Is it just because they haven't officially said anything yet? Because that seems like thin ground to base the theory on.

Damn, we better get Ant-Man 3! There's so much about Scott and Hope's story that needs to be resolved, and we need to see what their lives look like post-Snap!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I voted for the Millar’s Ultimates. I doubt MCU would do them. Viewers might be shocked and a little confused over this darker version of Avengers. I would like to see it though.
    R-rated films are anathema enough for Disney as it is (Deadpool has problems to be approved, even with their proved success). Add to that the geopolitical stuff that makes the Ultimates special, and yes, you'll get something that Disney would be too coward to even try.

Next is Doc Justice and the J-team!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/11...749535234?s=20

Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I expect to see Goliath and/or Stature in Ant-Man 3 (it seems clear they're laying the groundwork for Cassie)......but if the Studio really thinks Ant-Man is big enough to need a legacy once Rudd's contract is over......yeah, maybe they'll do O'Grady. But honestly I don't see it, I think they'll just use Cassie as the legacy.
    Oh, if they use O'Grady I expect it'll be as a villain and foil to showcase how far Scott has come from before he was Ant-Man.
    Damn, we better get Ant-Man 3! There's so much about Scott and Hope's story that needs to be resolved, and we need to see what their lives look like post-Snap!
    I definitely think they need to explore Scott and Cassie's dynamic with her being older now and how that effects their relationship. And I guess where Hope fits in even though I still don't really buy into that relationship.