Thread: Silver Swan

Default Silver Swan

I don't know how to feel. How do you guys feel about Nessie being Silver Swan? I don't hate that but I dislike the designs. I wonder if they just forget about her in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I don't know how to feel. How do you guys feel about Nessie being Silver Swan? I don't hate that but I dislike the designs. I wonder if they just forget about her in the comics.
    In general? I hate previously good supporting characters (or minor heroes) brought back after not being much used so they can be turned evil or killed off. But Nessie was something of an exception - because she got saved, unlike so many. So while it's not important to me that she become Silver Swan, it is important to me that she get her life back after, if she does become Silver Swan. So I'm okay with the first time, and unhappy about it happening again in New 52.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

They are likely just going to forget about her in the comics because nobody knows what editing is anymore at DC, but I'm still holding out hope Wilson or Orlando or whoever will remember that dangling plot thread. She doesn't work nearly as well in Rebirth because Diana doesn't have as close a relationship with her or Julia, but they both deserve better treatment than they got. I'd write it so that Julia's death was faked, Diana saves her and Vanessa is cured and freed from Psycho's influence. And they'd go on to be recurring supporting characters or at least be given a happy ending before returning to limbo.

Vanessa as the Swan has a limited shelf life anyway. Her original arc was great, but she needs to be cured eventually. Her especially of all Diana's villains, otherwise it's just too cynical and Diana looks too ineffective. For another Swan, Helen Alexandros should be brought back and modernized.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    They are likely just going to forget about her in the comics because nobody knows what editing is anymore at DC, but I'm still holding out hope Wilson or Orlando or whoever will remember that dangling plot thread. She doesn't work nearly as well in Rebirth because Diana doesn't have as close a relationship with her or Julia, but they both deserve better treatment than they got. I'd write it so that Julia's death was faked, Diana saves her and Vanessa is cured and freed from Psycho's influence. And they'd go on to be recurring supporting characters or at least be given a happy ending before returning to limbo.

Vanessa as the Swan has a limited shelf life anyway. Her original arc was great, but she needs to be cured eventually. Her especially of all Diana's villains, otherwise it's just too cynical and Diana looks too ineffective. For another Swan, Helen Alexandros should be brought back and modernized.
    Agreed. I wonder there are three Silver Swans know. Should the other two just be a duo? And Nessie is turned into a Superhero?

I didn't mind her turning into the Swan the first time around, since she wasn't used much by that point anyway and it was a good way to bring her back. But I hate how it was done in Rebirth! Hopefully, the movie handles it better (though I doubt they can do worse than Robinson) and Vanessa will be salvaged in the comics as well. I want her to be cured and become Diana's sidekick.

I've never loved the Vanessa Kapatelis turn as Silver Swan. I get it, plot and story-wise, but it never rang true to me. It felt like it was copying Spider-man villains to me.

I'd much rather see Helen Alexandros or Valerie Beaudry return as Silver Swan, a singular villain.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I've never loved the Vanessa Kapatelis turn as Silver Swan. I get it, plot and story-wise, but it never rang true to me. It felt like it was copying Spider-man villains to me.

I'd much rather see Helen Alexandros or Valerie Beaudry return as Silver Swan, a singular villain.
    What writers have done to Vanessa to make her Silver Swan turn-bad work ..is almost unforgivable. I would happily see that idea scrapped to bring back an Ares-powered or mystical Silver Swan.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I mean if we want Vannesa to be a supporting character what would you have her has? I would have her be a Holliday Girl or Wonder Girl?

I mean if we want Vannesa to be a supporting character what would you have her has? I would have her be a Holliday Girl or Wonder Girl?
    Had something of an idea of her still using the Silver Swan identity (though a mech suit instead cybernetic body modification) but as supporting character/reformed villain. Filling the role Von Gunther did in the Golden Age.

I often wonder. Couldn't we still have Gunther in Wonder Woman? That would be cool.

I'm with you, Mizuno.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Depends, since I didn't read it the first time, how did she turn bad and what happened to Valerie Beaudrie?

Nevermind, scratch that, however, it was, the answer's no because Vanessa as Holiday Girl is the better idea

Okay. Guys what do you think about this idea for Vannesa and the Holliday Girls. They have been trained by Diana in Amazonian training. They live in Gateway City. So they do know about the magical and Mythical city. They want to help Diana and of course, they are human so that's why I had her teach them to fight. The question is Argus. What do they have to do with the Holliday Girls? In a sense, can the two co-exist?