Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Cool!
    A new He-Man television show by Kevin Smith !!!
    This looks way cool.
    And the animation being made by who made the Castlevania animated series is another thing that makes this a must watch new television show.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The She-Ra universe sets up a multiverse, so there's room for team-ups later if one of the other shows needs it.

Kinda sad they won't cross paths ... and not much of a fan of the old series continuity or Smith. " The most metal designs" has me hopeful, though! Netflix has done a good job with their kids 'toons as a of late, so I'll give this one a chance.
    I don't see a crossover with She-Ra. The new She-Ra show is produced by DreamWorks while this new masters of the universe will be made by Mattel TV. They most likely use the classic She-Ra. I doubt they will be able to use her while the DreamWorks show is still airing.

So first thing he'll likely do, cast himself and Mewes as the voice of some random characters.
    Grizzlor & Leech? Who?

The original audience for this are well into our late 30s and 40s now. I'm curious as to what sort of storytelling sensibility will be put in play here.

This is great, I'm a huge MotU fan. I can not wait. Yes and I'm in my 40's

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Not terribly interested in a MOTU that picks up the continuity of the '80s series. There isn't much worth continuing on from that isn't within the core concept alone. Historically it has done better with full reboots, or continuations that treat any canon from the original series very loosely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ...what "unresolved storylines", other than Teela never learning Sorceress was her mother?

I mean it's He-Man so I'm watching it, but that "hook" seems kind of odd to me. Unless they really mean stuff like "ever wonder what Zodak's deal was?" Or "ever notice whenever Clawful appeared he was opposite Orko? What's their beef?" stuff like that.
    The whole "following continuity of the old show" line is so some forty-yr olds won't get their panties in a bunch anticipating some kind of "that's not MY He-Man" reboot. They're just trying to get ahead of that nonsense.

I do hope they follow up on Adam's mom being from earth though...

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, I'm a big fan of the original series and I own it all on DVD(as well as the complete 2000's series) but I'm left wondering what Smith means about tying up loose ends. The original series, like most 80's cartoons, was very episodic and outside a cool vehicle, weapon or new character almost nothing carried on from one episode to another plot wise. I mean sure, we never saw the final show down between He-Man and Skelitor but who really expects to see that?

As for Smith as a serialized writer I mostly agree, but I recently re-read his Daredevil and found that to be pretty excellent so if we got that Smith it'd be decent but I suppose that's not really a huge deal as his role seems more of a steward than writer.
    "Left off" could simply mean coming up with some sort of finale to the original show. Skeletor somehow gets the power of GreySkull, He-Man somehow defeats him once and for all, etc etc.

40 minutes long, but somewhere in there Smith basically says Teela will be the hero/audience surrogate.

Oh and Kevin Smith is 100% a writer on this show not just a showrunner. He already turned in his script for episode one. He talls all about it in Fatman on Batman

Edit. I mean fatman beyond

Looks like there are two he-man shows! A second kids aimed CG cartoon with the double swords from the mini comics is also coming also.

https://deadline.com/2019/12/he-man-...or-1202812653/

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The whole "following continuity of the old show" line is so some forty-yr olds won't get their panties in a bunch anticipating some kind of "that's not MY He-Man" reboot. They're just trying to get ahead of that nonsense.
    I always thought it was weird that simply saying "Meh, I don't like it" and leaving it alone is hard to do. I did just that with the recent Thundercats reboot. I never knock anyone geeking out about it, just wasn't for me. But apparently that's my super power since that's rare. *shrugs*

I do hope they follow up on Adam's mom being from earth though...
    I remember reading somewhere that it was going to turn out at least Beast Man and Evil Lyn were also on the same shuttle that Marlena was on, they just somehow got transformed from human beings into the people they are today, and she didn't. Not sure how that would have worked, but kinda fascinating anyway.

Astonishing Member

I always thought about MOTU wasting is potential.

Imagine a mature approach, where in the first season (called He-Man and the Power Sword) you watch Adam get the Sword and his powers, Skeletor summoning his evil warriors, Hordak in the back ground (or held captive by Skeletor) and the Snake Men at the end of the last episode fleeing their castle Snake Mountains, because Skeletor takes over. Skeletor should be like a Darth Vader, more frightening and gruesome, but always sarcastic and kind of funny in a morbid way.

Second season, a short 6 Episode run, called Story of Keldor, where his back story is explained in detail.

Third season, called Attack on Eternia. Skeletor takes over Eternis and kills a lot of Masters. Most of them escape, and even the aid of the Bird Men doesn't help.

Fourth season, again 6 episodes called Icons of Evil: Every episode a goon like Mer-Man, Beast-Man etc. has its origin story.

Fifth season: Rise of the snake men: The Masters collaborate with the Snake Men and take eternis back. Skeletor loses because a giant Clawful is held in the dungeons of Eternis and gets free, where he destroys everything in its path and opens the gates. Webster sheming behind Skeletons back, because he isn't that evil and wants to do something right, and Mer-Men leaving early because he always thought that Skeletor was too crazy, or something like that.

Oh a boy can dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    If that's Skeletor, it looks kind of like his face after getting hit with that acid in the 2002 cartoon before he actually became Skeletor.