Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default TV SPINOFFS you'd like to see....

Rooselvelt Franklin (70's Sesame Street) : Inner-city school kid whose antics proved a bit much for "the man" and was dropped from the show. Perhaps a show for slightly older kids
    a-la-Fat Albert would be cool. Franklin, his friends and teachers could learn and teach some things about African-American history/culture, respect and getting along with people.
    Youtube "Rooselvelt Franklin just because" to hear a sweet little song about saying NO to racism and violence that is maybe more relevant NOW than ever before...

Villians from Sailor Moon Super : Employees of the evil forces who work in a dinky little office with outdated faxes, computers and a crappy company car. They keep trying and trying to send new monsters to fight the sailor scouts and are defeated each time. With each defeat their budget is shrunk, leading to more problems in their professional and personal lives...

and YOURS?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I said this back in early 2000's , its a shame that NBC couldn't convince (or have the money to) Jennifer Aniston to do a spin-off with Matt LeBlanc. If no one remembers as FRIENDS was ending the cast would be moving on except LeBlanc who signed on at the last minute. NBC wanted one of the stars and as Aniston and Cox had film careers and Perry , Kudrow and Swimmer seemed to want to do other things. So it left the character of Joey.

But it would have been unique had Aniston signed on to play the role of Rachel. So my pitch...

- In the series finale of Friends , Rachel turns down Ross for the final time. Detailing that they had their chance and should accept it. But she's not fully into being a couple with Joey yet and debates if he's ready to have a relationship involving a kid moving forward. She tells him she and her child will live there with him in New York.

THE PREMISE

- The series starts LeBlanc who debates how to handle his feelings for Rachel and being a father type figure as her daughter is now 1 or 2 years old. Joey in the pilot learns he has a new acting job as a talk show host after goofing around with food to get laughs from kids. Anyhow the show films in New Jersey and Rachel faces a decision on moving with him to New Jersey and working from home for her job.

- In needing a place Joey reveals he actually owns a house in Jersey to the shock of Rachel. His mother left it to him and he moves back. Its there we learn his sister lives across the street with her son. The entire series is about them settling in and adjusting to a new situation with work , themselves and family. (Joey's sister drives Rachel insane at times ).

- The cast would stay the same of Joey's sister and son worked in the series. I wouldn't change them. I would add as a funny nod to the past cast Peter Scolari as a producer who questions Joey mentally for what he says or does on the show . (much to his shock the show gets even more popular the more Joey screws up ala Tim Taylor) . Rachel has an assistant I'd add who is almost like a Monica for her to hang out with as well.

- Both would share the screen time with plots and stories.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Rooselvelt Franklin (70's Sesame Street) : Inner-city school kid whose antics proved a bit much for "the man" and was dropped from the show. Perhaps a show for slightly older kids
    a-la-Fat Albert would be cool. Franklin, his friends and teachers could learn and teach some things about African-American history/culture, respect and getting along with people.
    Youtube "Rooselvelt Franklin just because" to hear a sweet little song about saying NO to racism and violence that is maybe more relevant NOW than ever before...

Villians from Sailor Moon Super : Employees of the evil forces who work in a dinky little office with outdated faxes, computers and a crappy company car. They keep trying and trying to send new monsters to fight the sailor scouts and are defeated each time. With each defeat their budget is shrunk, leading to more problems in their professional and personal lives...

and YOURS?
    Since it seems alright to mention animated spin-offs...

The Justice Friends - this will always be my favorite segment from Dexter's Laboratory, and a spin-off for Major Glory & his colleagues/roommates would be welcome (at least for me, that is). The creators could give certain characters a chance in the spotlight and show why they're deserving to be members of the Justice Friends, while throwing in their trademark comic relief along the way.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-18-2019 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Added a few words.

This is probaly just me but I woulda loved Omar Epps Dr Foreman to get a spinoff after House ended.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

A Secret Warriors spinoff of Agents of SHIELD, starring Quake.

A Game of Thrones spinoff about Arya and her adventures as an explorer

A "next generation" sequel series to Xena: Warrior Princess

A "next generation" sequel series to Buffy the Vampire Slayer (possibly already in development)

I just wish Wayward Daughters (Supernatural spin-off) had been picked up.

But i also wouldn't mind seeing a continuation of Farscape, with Little Dargo all grown up.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I just wish Wayward Daughters (Supernatural spin-off) had been picked up.

But i also wouldn't mind seeing a continuation of Farscape, with Little Dargo all grown up.
    Considering the attempts that have not panned out, I always wondered why they never took a run at a series based on Bobby and Rufus being younger men. Probably wouldn't amount to anything, but that part of the bigger picture could actually be interesting.

Never mind that there is a "Supernatural" universe anthology series that is just waiting to happen. Do a set of connected miniseries that could take place present/past/future. The "Wayward Daughters" and "Bobby/Rufus" ideas could easily fit into a set of anthology seasons.

Seems like that could be a gimme for the network.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    A "next generation" sequel series to Buffy the Vampire Slayer (possibly already in development)
    I just wish we could get a straight answer out of the people pushing this as to whether its a sequel or a reboot. I'd love a sequel. Problem is that their statement to try and quell the furor from fans over the idea of a reboot didn't actually resolve anything as they just said something like its not a reboot, its an opportunity for new stories to be told. To me that sounded like its a reboot but they just don't want to admit it.

My dream for a sequel would fit everything they want. Cast a black actress as a newly risen slayer since that seems to be the plan. Bring in SMG for the pilot episode to pass the torch. Near the end of the episode have SMG explain to the new slayer that she is going to need a watcher and she has the perfect person in mind at which point she introduces her to her friend William who just happens to be Spike but older and looking like James Marsters normally looks. It will be revealed that after the events of the end of Angel, Spike was made human again and began aging normally.

This fulfills the desire for diversity casting while making fans of the old show happy since we get Spike in the show in a plausible way since Marsters is obviously too old now to play an ageless vampire.

I'd also set up the timeline to be hinting at the future depicted in Fray. Have this new slayer be the last for some reason (magic). Which is why she gets the special pass the torch from SMG and Spike as a watcher.

From "The Bionic Six" comes...

Perceptor! The blind, bionic super-hero vigilante we all need!
    Perceptor-Bionic-Six-cartoon.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    I just wish we could get a straight answer out of the people pushing this as to whether its a sequel or a reboot. I'd love a sequel. Problem is that their statement to try and quell the furor from fans over the idea of a reboot didn't actually resolve anything as they just said something like its not a reboot, its an opportunity for new stories to be told. To me that sounded like its a reboot but they just don't want to admit it.

My dream for a sequel would fit everything they want. Cast a black actress as a newly risen slayer since that seems to be the plan. Bring in SMG for the pilot episode to pass the torch. Near the end of the episode have SMG explain to the new slayer that she is going to need a watcher and she has the perfect person in mind at which point she introduces her to her friend William who just happens to be Spike but older and looking like James Marsters normally looks. It will be revealed that after the events of the end of Angel, Spike was made human again and began aging normally.

This fulfills the desire for diversity casting while making fans of the old show happy since we get Spike in the show in a plausible way since Marsters is obviously too old now to play an ageless vampire.
    They have two choices, embrace the previous generation with re-occuring roles or cutting them off completely. At the very least get Buffy as the mentor. Maybe Willow died off-screen? She's too powerful a figure to be in the setting. I don't think Xandar's coming back, the actor had it rough once the show ended. But the torch must be passed to the next generation rather than being over shadowed by the old. That's what's going to frustrate many old fans I think. With the vamps they were great actors and characters but I'm ok leaving them out if they have to.

I'd also set up the timeline to be hinting at the future depicted in Fray. Have this new slayer be the last for some reason (magic). Which is why she gets the special pass the torch from SMG and Spike as a watcher.
    Fray was ok but I'm ok ignoring it.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

The Justice Friends - this will always be my favorite segment from Dexter's Laboratory, and a spin-off for Major Glory & his colleagues/roommates would be welcome (at least for me, that is). The creators could give certain characters a chance in the spotlight and show why they're deserving to be members of the Justice Friends, while throwing in their trademark comic relief along the way.
    Speaking of Cartoon Network spinoffs, would have loved a Scotsman (Samurai Jack) series.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

The Justice Friends - ... give certain characters a chance in the spotlight and show why they're deserving to be members of the Justice Friends, while throwing in their trademark comic relief along the way.
    Then give spin-off AWSM! their own show!

Last edited by Güicho; 08-19-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Married with Children did two (unless there were more) episodes that doubled as backdoor pilots [edit: not counting the one with the Verduccis that became Top of the Heap] that were never picked up. The one with Steve and a young Eric Dane seemed meh, but the one titled "Enemies" seemed like it could have lasted a few seasons. Or just give Griff his own show after the parent show ended.

I really wanted a second Hercules spinoff starring Autolycus and Salmoneus.

I mentioned it before in regards to Supernatural, but Season 9's "Slumber Party" seemed like a backdoor pilot to me. Charlie and Dorothy (from the Wizard of Oz) going on adventures.

A lot of people disliked Torchwood: Miracle Day, but the ending had me wanting to see a spinoff starring Rex Matheson.

Mighty Member

(more a sequel than a spin-off) : Married with Grandchildren....

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    (more a sequel than a spin-off) : Married with Grandchildren....
    This was being worked on but a hold up from what David Faustino (Bud Bundy) claims is the rights to it. That everyone was on board to return in a new series.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.