Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Many Marvel telepaths can occasionally create illusions, mind control people and / or astrally project, although that sometimes comes and goes (and entire other mutants have one of those powers are their entire schtick, like Mastermind, Karma and Trance).
    You know I've always been curious about this when did telepathy the ability to read thoughts start to encompass all forms of psychic abilities?

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Jubilee was definitely once resistant to probes and scans by telepaths... it wasn't always 100% effective... but it did work against:
    The Outback X-Men Base security, The Reavers, Psylocke on a few different occasions, and Bastion (used mental resistance when he tried prying info out of her.)

Polaris at one point had super strength and grew 2-3 feet. Did not have her Magnetism powers at this time. Also Psylocke, Colossus and a few other X-men were invisible to all electronic devices for awhile.

While he's not normally considered an X-character, he ws with them for a while so Namor counts....

In the early days, Namor had a few abilities have have long been gone.

He could absorb radiation, he could telepathically communicate with all forms of sea life, he could spray water from his skin like a sprinkler system (he used that once when somebody set him on fire), he had sonar and could follow radio waves, he could shoot electricity, he could expand his muscles like a puffer fish (although he looked nowhere near as silly,) and often claimed he had the abilities of all the life in the sea.

These days he rarely does anything but breath underwater, fly, and punch things really hard.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Psylocke can use her TK to vibrate her molecules so she becomes invisible

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Dazzler's repressed sonic scream being the source of her powers.

The light that Dazzler emits is cleansing/purifying to mind, body, soul. i know, it sounds weird but is hella canon.

Dazzler's visual echolocation powers.

Dazzler's ability to change the color of an object at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    That was a Crimson Dawn power; it went away when she died.
    Kitty really needs to get mixed up in some Crimson Dawn shenanigans. she could benefit from it.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 08-05-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Magneto had some form of telepathy in the very early ages of the comics. Thank heavens that was dropped fast.

I miss Betsy being precognitive. That powerset made her unique among all the other telepaths.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    You know I've always been curious about this when did telepathy the ability to read thoughts start to encompass all forms of psychic abilities?
    It used to be, at least from my memory, that very few psychics could use all aspects of the telepathic spectrum. More often then not various mutants had aspects of psychic abilities (Karma, Mirage, Scanner, Psylocke) but the full spectrum was rare (Jean, Xavier, Legion, Rachel). Now it seems if you have one aspect you can do a little of it all.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It used to be, at least from my memory, that very few psychics could use all aspects of the telepathic spectrum. More often then not various mutants had aspects of psychic abilities (Karma, Mirage, Scanner, Psylocke) but the full spectrum was rare (Jean, Xavier, Legion, Rachel). Now it seems if you have one aspect you can do a little of it all.
    So I wonder who or when did telepathy start being able to do "everything", because while it's the norm now some of the things a telepath can do seems unlikely.