Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nyarlathotep vs Shuma-Gorath

Shuma-Gorath of the Marvel universe vs Nyarlathotep of the Cthulhu Mythos.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Feats for Nyarlathotep?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Feats for Nyarlathotep?
    It’s the Lovecraft Mythos, so almost certainly little-to-none.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    It’s the Lovecraft Mythos, so almost certainly little-to-none.
    People talk about there being other stuff that's supposedly in-canon. I haven't bothered delving into that, and I would say that unless Lovecraft himself wrote it its canonicity isn't valid for Rumbles' purposes, but it might be interesting.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

People talk about there being other stuff that's supposedly in-canon. I haven't bothered delving into that, and I would say that unless Lovecraft himself wrote it its canonicity isn't valid for Rumbles' purposes, but it might be interesting.
    Nyarlathotep is like... more a trickster god guy than a powerhouse dude as I recall.

His whole schtick is being more corruptive influence than blowing stuff up.

I don't think he has the feats to hang with Shuma.

August Dereleth's work is considered 'Mythos canon' (though I've some issues with minor changes he's made), in it though Cthulhu shrugs off a nuclear strike.

... which is about it, really.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Nyarlathotep is one of the Outer Gods, who should outrank and be more powerful than the Great Old Ones (like Cthulhu) and their most powerful one is probably Universal in scale.

Shuma Gorath is one of the Many Angled Ones, and these entities are multiversal; IIRC their bodies can exist and span across multiple dimensions and universes. I would assume multiversal entity > universal ones, and I don't think Nyarlathotep is one of the more powerful Outer Gods.