Thread: Spawn movie

Default Spawn movie

Do you guys think that the Spawn movie will happen?

I think so. Jamie Foxx attached and they are supposedly looking to do it on a smaller budget.

Yes, definitely, eventually. Now will it be good? We'll see.

Todd has been talking about a new Spawn movie since the old one came out and there have been so many people attached or interested in it that were supposed to do it. I'll believe it when it actually hist theaters.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I can only hope (if, big if, it happens) that the film tries to be as "darkly bent" as McFarlane ideally wants it. "If you ask me, I'd make it ugly, dark, make children cry."

Spawn: The Animated Series should be required viewing for all involved. It's even better than Todd's comics.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-06-2022 at 06:26 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I can only hope (if, big if, it happens) that the films tries to be as "darkly bent" as McFarlane ideally wants it. "If you ask me, I'd make it ugly, dark, make children cry."

Spawn: The Animated Series should be required viewing for all involved. It's even better than Todd's comics.
    Agreed. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I can only hope (if, big if, it happens) that the films tries to be as "darkly bent" as McFarlane ideally wants it. "If you ask me, I'd make it ugly, dark, make children cry."

Is there a big market for that? I imagine that’s part of why it’s taking so long. It sounds like he wants to make a superhero horror film which is fine if you can do it with a horror movie budget. Trying to make it with a superhero movie budget, with all the cgi for Spawn, is a harder ask.