Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think an editorial regime would be a good start if nothing else, assuming they don't have the same values or priorities that has put Wally on the backburner.
    But Barry isn't going anywhere until, at the very least, the middle of this century based on his live-action success, so what could be done for Wally then? It's really not an easy proposition, IMO. Six years ago? Different story.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    But Barry isn't going anywhere until, at the very least, the middle of this century based on his live-action success, so what could be done for Wally then? It's really not an easy proposition, IMO. Six years ago? Different story.
    Barry doesn't have to go anywhere. I mean, Peter Parker isn't going anywhere but he has a spinoff character that gets treated far better then Wally is, so I don't think it's impossible.

Barry and Wally don't have to be this impediment to each other but that's what DC Editorial have turned them into.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Barry doesn't have to go anywhere. I mean, Peter Parker isn't going anywhere but he has a spinoff character that gets treated far better then Wally is, so I don't think it's impossible.

Barry and Wally don't have to be this impediment to each other but that's what DC Editorial have turned them into.
    Comment of the year.

Right its not all or nothing, just give us something. And no Scott Lobdell to make up crap on the fly is not something. That is just a lazy attempt at appeasement.

Mighty Member

I'm glad to see discussions like this because it exposes what's wrong with DC editorial. I mean really they are being stubborn overlords at this point. Marvel has multiple Hawkeyes multiple Hulks multiple Spider-Mans. They give fans what they are looking for. If we continue getting the word out, on the forums and at conventions on how legacy characters are treated, DC editorial will have no choice but to make changes on how they treat their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I'm glad to see discussions like this because it exposes what's wrong with DC editorial. I mean really they are being stubborn overlords at this point. Marvel has multiple Hawkeyes multiple Hulks multiple Spider-Mans. They give fans what they are looking for. If we continue getting the word out, on the forums and at conventions on how legacy characters are treated, DC editorial will have no choice but to make changes on how they treat their characters.
    I mean, on a personal note, even I think Marvel can be a little excessive with how much they allow multiple character to use a single codename or just give it to somebody else...but at least it shows a willingness to expand on other characters that I feel DC lacks.

Astonishing Member

A few years ago, Marvel looked at their line-up of comics and characters and took note of the fact that it was disproportionately male, white and straight and that their teenage line-up was lacking.

That's why they've stuck with Sam Alexander, Miles Morales, Kate Bishop - they bring something to the Marvel line that Rich Rider, Peter Parker and Clint Barton don't.

Having two straight white male Hawkeyes simultaneously would be a harder sell, with less gained.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    A few years ago, Marvel looked at their line-up of comics and characters and took note of the fact that it was disproportionately male, white and straight and that their teenage line-up was lacking.

That's why they've stuck with Sam Alexander, Miles Morales, Kate Bishop - they bring something to the Marvel line that Rich Rider, Peter Parker and Clint Barton don't.

Having two straight white male Hawkeyes simultaneously would be a harder sell, with less gained.
    Right. When Marvel starts doing that, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Not holding my breath over it, however.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Funny you mention that... considering that most of the Marvel teen books have been cancelled. Sam's solo went a while ago, so did Kate's. Both Champions and West Coast Avengers were cancelled, as was Unstoppable Wasp. Ironheart probably ends in November as well. Squirrel Girl and Moon Girl are done too. The only remaining books starring teenagers are Magnificent Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Runaways, and Future Foundation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think this would be more of an argument if Wally and Barry were similar to each other, but other then when Barry steals Wally traits they are very distinct Flashes, and more often then not the legacy versions go through the same kinds of stories and elements that the main one does, so I don't think it's a big deal.