Thumbs up Dat Batman Rebirth Deluxe Edition volume 4 cover

What the _________ ???

Can you formulate more about your problem with the cover? Because I don't like it either, mostly because it has those phrases promoting what you're going to read in the comic that others volumes didn't have, which breaks the style that the collection had settled. Plus, the change to black spine and, what I think it's the worst mistake of them all, the change to a much cheaper paper that, not only doesn't go along with other volumes, but that affects the art since it doesn't mesh well with the new paper, especially Janín's drawings. I think Tony S. Daniel and Lee Weeks look fine on it, though it by no means it justifies the change. I knew about the problems of the book beforehand, but since I had already started collecting the run in those editions and it is still the cheapest way I can afford the run in my country, so I'm kinda stuck with the Rebirth Editions despite its problems
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Can you formulate more about your problem with the cover? Because I don't like it either, mostly because it has those phrases promoting what you're going to read in the comic that others volumes didn't have, which breaks the style that the collection had settled. Plus, the change to black spine and, what I think it's the worst mistake of them all, the change to a much cheaper paper that, not only doesn't go along with other volumes, but that affects the art since it doesn't mesh well with the new paper, especially Janín's drawings. I think Tony S. Daniel and Lee Weeks look fine on it, though it by no means it justifies the change. I knew about the problems of the book beforehand, but since I had already started collecting the run in those editions and it is still the cheapest way I can afford the run in my country, so I'm kinda stuck with the Rebirth Editions despite its problems
    Yeah, I don't know why they put those quotes on the front as if it were a floppy issue. The cheap paper selection may be the sign of the times, where DC is trying to cut as much costs as possible.

For me the black spine is an issue, I suppose I could just remove the dust jacket and have the art underneath for all four volumes.