View Poll Results: Cates on ASM? Dope or Nope, Bro?!

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bro... That would be sick, bro! DOPE!

18 75.00%
  • Bro... Wack, bro... NOPE!

6 25.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the main theme of the route is that peter parker yearns for death
    Yeah. Like I said it's morbid. I just don't think that makes sense as a story and fits the character. The geography of those locations since it's tied to an actual city makes it unbelievable for that to be an actual route he takes. Like if he goes from George Stacy's death which happened in Midtown or Downtown Manhattan and then swings to the G. W. Bridge at the northern part of the city, and then swings back to the dockyard area on either side where he caught the burglar...then that makes zero sense. He's not going to get anything done.

Spider-Man's motto is action is his reward, so he goes everywhere. Not in some route or pattern.

And Peter yearning for death is a pretty dubious and inaccurate take on the character as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I get that. But even then it makes no sense. Peter's daily route of swinging going from different places where people he loved died is just bizarre since George Stacy died somewhere in Midtown or Downtown, Gwen Stacy died in the George Washington Bridge and Peter confronted Uncle Ben's burglar in a warehouse by the waterfront, so either the hudson or east river. That's way too apart from each other to make sense as a route.

It also makes Peter kind of morbid and creepy. This is a story that suits Batman because he broods all the time and he perches on Gotham City (which being fictional can have whatever geography he wishes) and Batman is also a gothic character where that kind of trope, i.e. haunting places of past mistakes and misdeeds works...but it doesn't work with Spider-Man.

I am not usually one to praise Dan Slott but he did a similar thing in the start of Spider-Island when Mr. and Mrs. Aunt May go to Boston (mostly because Slott didn't want to draw them with spider-powers). And Peter tours the Forest Hills house with MJ showing all kinds of events from the past happening there. I mean if Peter's that haunted by a place where violence happens, he should have moved out of the Forest Hills home decades ago.
    He's got floating heads of guilt already. I don't think he needs any more then that .