Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    And to be clear, as I've said I find the fact that they gave that non-explanation for Bishop's return and that the X-Men seem to have shrugged it off to be super dicey, lol. He needs a better redemption arc than that.
    Redemption arcs require more time than Marvel is willing to give to a character not named Logan, and to a lesser extent, Magneto. lol

Not to get OT because that would need its own thread. But I think Creed could've had a damn good arc post AXIS where the inversion was only the start of his redemption. BUT we had constant relaunches and he never stayed with one writer long enough for anything to develop. Then Pak got him, had no plans for him, and used him as comedy relief to prop up Mary Sue Logan. Rosenberg's mess followed after. Now Hickman doesn't appear to be doing anything of note with him either. His Creed reads like Pak's.

So his post-AXIS arc remains squandered potential. Marvel did nothing for him. And Bishop will be the same. Just get him on the X-Men & move. They won't devote anymore time on redemption for him than that.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-22-2019 at 10:43 AM.