Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think some of you guys might be downplaying Jean's decades long emotional affair with Logan. Its a pretty well know and adapted relationship, even if its not traditional.
    I'm going to steal this quote from you. It is just perfect.

Jean's emotional affair has had more media representation than Scemma and maybe more than Jott too. Lol
    there is always someone making sure to show that something happens there, for decades and people keep denying it.
    Last edited by fsger; 08-23-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Anything she could've had with Logan was teased, then failed to launch. That was no more a relationship than what Monet x Guido had. lol Her x Bishop got further than Logan, but we can see that isn't going anywhere.

Again, none of these seem like legit relationships. a couple of kisses + a one-night stand =/= relationship. Scott had actual long-term relationships with other woman.

Scott seems like her whole world.
    Meanwhile, she's just another one of his women. lol

Just looks sad on characters when one side of the ship is stuck on someone they consider a priority. Meanwhile their priority only sees them as another one of the options.
    There is many problems.

When Scott doesn't want Jean she goes away for years, but the moment she is back they have to be together. Ignoring the needs of Jean character

Scott had relationships with other women, he even said that he choose Emma and that he loves her. That makes Jean and the relationship less special.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There is many problems.

When Scott doesn't want Jean she goes away for years
    When Scott, lol.
    Do you know these characters aren't real right?

Morrison and Quesada killed her. Scott just happened to be closely related to her. Doesn't mean is his fault.
    Jean wasn't killed because of him, someone didn't want to use her.

BTW Xorn was the one who killed her, do you know that too right?

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    When Scott, lol.
    Do you know these characters aren't real right?

Morrison and Quesada killed her. Scott just happened to be closely related to her. Doesn't mean is his fault.
    Jean wasn't killed because of him, someone didn't want to use her.

BTW Xorn was the one who killed her, do you know that too right?
    it wasn't about not wanting to use her, it was about clearing the way for Cyclops be with another woman.

That is my point, when they want Scott with someone else Jean gains a target on her back.

it wasn't about not wanting to use her, it was about clearing the way for Cyclops be with another woman.

That is my point, when they want Scott with someone else Jean gains a target on her back.
    Well if you have proof beyond what you think they wanted. If you have something physical or a video that shows them saying that then that would make it true.

Until then it is pure speculation, nothing real. Just another perspective of what happened.

Jean has certain problem were writers and editors want her dead, even if Scott is single or dead, so it is not his fault.

Edit:

It is curious, the only time Cyclops and Jean's life/death crossed was with the Maddie mess, on that topic Marvel decided to sacrifice Cyclops and Maddie's character to bring Jean back. That was the only time something close to that happened
    Last edited by fsger; 08-23-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

yeah, they need to have one. Monet and Creed are miles ahead of logan and jean
    I can't give them that. At least Jean x Logan actually had some kisses. The former had these scenes at best.
    1243501_9002.jpg
    Also, Jogan has a way of coming back up,

They just had a deal in Rosencanny when Logan watches Jean kiss Scott like he lost a puppy.
    Jott, Scemma, Jogan.jpg
    I think both are equal non-relationships. If I had to put one in the lead, it'd be Jogan. But I think both ships are dead. Jogan will just get teased more to troll fans. lol

But like someone else stated, Wolverine is one of the most popular Marvel characters, and I can see Marvel not wanting to tie him down in anything that could be serious. So he'll be James Bond and have non-committal relationships with major characters and short-lived relationships with girls in his solo.

beast is blue, mystique is also blue so we gonna pair them

someone at fox
    Sounds about right. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-23-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Well if you have proof beyond what you think they wanted. If you have something physical or a video that shows them saying that then that would make it true.

Until then it is pure speculation, nothing real. Just another perspective of what happened.

Jean has certain problem were writers and editors want her dead, even if Scott is single or dead, so it is not his fault.

Edit:

It is curious, the only time Cyclops and Jean's life/death crossed was with the Maddie mess, on that topic Marvel decided to sacrifice Cyclops and Maddie's character to bring Jean back. That was the only time something close to that happened
    When a fan asked to quesada about Jean return he said "no, Scott is fine with Emma"

I know that Carey wanted to use Jean, so it's not like everyone didn't wanted to use Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I can't give them that. At least Jean x Logan actually had some kisses. The former had these scenes at best.
    1243501_9002.jpg
    Also, Jogan has a way of coming back up,

They just had a deal in Rosencanny when Logan watches Jean kiss Scott like he lost a puppy.
    Jott, Scemma, Jogan.jpg
    I think both are equal non-relationships. If I had to put one in the lead, it'd be Jogan. But I think both ships are dead. Jogan will just get teased more to troll fans. lol

But like someone else stated, Wolverine is one of the most popular Marvel characters, and I can see Marvel not wanting to tie him down in anything that could be serious. So he'll be James Bond and have non-committal relationships with major characters and short-lived relationships with girls in his solo.

l
    I really thought Creed and Monet at least kissed

When a fan asked to quesada about Jean return he said "no, Scott is fine with Emma"

I know that Carey wanted to use Jean, so it's not like everyone didn't wanted to use Jean
    Well, that shows Quesada didn't want her back, not that she was killed for that. Was this asked in an interview, or something official?
    Cool for Carey, still there weren't enough writers or editors to make it happen until now. Not Cyclops fault.
    So if Jean was with Wolverine at the time of her death it would be his fault?
    BTW marvel crapped so hard on Jean/Scott that at the moment of her death it is imposible to say they even were a thing.

Jean has that problem were she is one of the greatest X-men characters and that is why her life or death are so important. Nothing to do with Cyclops.
    In fact the guy is the one who always has to carry that torch, remind everybody how sad is that she died and how great she is.
    so evil.
    Last edited by fsger; 08-23-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I really thought Creed and Monet at least kissed
    No, they didn't get that far. There's some scenes where you could interpret that they were possibly together. But it would only be speculation. We were never given anything overt. Just lots of teasing.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-23-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Well, that shows Quesada didn't want her back, not that she was killed for that. Was this asked in an interview, or something official?
    Cool for Carey, still there weren't enough writers or editors to make it happen until now. Not Cyclops fault.
    So if Jean was with Wolverine at the time of her death it would be his fault?
    BTW marvel crapped so hard on Jean/Scott that at the moment of her death it is imposible to say they even were a thing.

Jean has that problem were she is one of the greatest X-men characters and that is why her life or death are so important. Nothing to do with Cyclops.
    In fact the guy is the one who always has to carry that torch, remind everybody how sad is that she died and how great she is.
    so evil.
    Seems pretty obvious the objective of keeping Jean dead.

So you think she was dead because no one wanted to use Jean. Sure Hope has nothing to do with Jean

Logan kept the torch for Jean a lot better

Seems pretty obvious the objective of keeping Jean dead.

So you think she was dead because no one wanted to use Jean. Sure Hope has nothing to do with Jean

Logan kept the torch for Jean a lot better
    Yeah, they wanted her death that what I have been saying, the difference is that you're blaming Cyclops for it and I'm telling you he has little to do with that.

Outside the phoenix, hair and some shared family connections they have very little to do as characters. If anything Jeen was a bigger problem for Jean

I know right? Stupid Cyclops, remembering Jean and telling everybody she was cool. He is so bad, he should have forgotten she existed.

Yeah, they wanted her death that what I have been saying, the difference is that you're blaming Cyclops for it and I'm telling you he has little to do with that.

Outside the phoenix, hair and some shared family connections they have very little to do as characters. If anything Jeen was a bigger problem for Jean

I know right? Stupid Cyclops, remembering Jean and telling everybody she was cool. He is so bad, he should have forgotten she existed.
    I'm saying that Cyclops was a important factor to keep jean dead, Quesada answer is very telling

I'm saying that Cyclops was a important factor to keep jean dead, Quesada answer is very telling
    No girl, the problem is that they didn't care about Jean, or Jean/Logan or anything about her. (not even Jean/Scott, maybe she wouldn't have died if they cared even a little for her marriage and character.)
    If they cared about how that would affect Cyclops one way or the other they wouldn't have make him and his relationship with her garbage just before in a totally avoidable way.

Marvel prefering Jean dead since the 80's is more of a Jean problem. I pointed this before but even Cyclops took a grievous hit in order to bring Jean back the first time.
    Last edited by fsger; 08-23-2019 at 08:31 PM.

BANNED

They haven't preferred her dead 'since the '80s' - Marvel literally forced the X-books to bring Jean back in the late 80s and after Shooter (the architect of her demise and the man who resurrected her) was forced out, they made her the central heroine of the franchise during its most profitable decade.

They did keep Jean dead for a remarkably long stretch in the 21st century, but she remained an integral character to the mythos who was utilized through a variety of stories and counterparts (Jeen, Hope, various Phoenix stories) and major movies, cartoons and merchandising until the original finally returned to great PR fanfare. She has never not been important, even in death. The reason she stayed dead for as long as she did is because a) the new paradigm in place with other characters became popular and b) some people have always thought the character is more impactful dead than alive. I certainly did. But she's back now and that's fine, because the X-Men franchise is not as myopic and poorly written as it was for most of the 90s.

She is alive now and that's what matters. I'm trying to explain why the sudden victimization
    1- Doesn't make sense
    2- Is being blamed on the wrong reasons
    3- Is only being manipulated to prop up, elevate and beneficiate characters that have nothing to do it.
    4- Works for nothing because she is alive now, why keep crying for things so long past?