Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    BANNED

I will also go on record and say I think Jean's 'emotional affair' with Logan is overblown, lol. At best he always seems ready to hump her leg and she just has rarely if ever been truly into it (outside bad AUs). IMO she is not to blame for his torch.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I will also go on record and say I think Jean's 'emotional affair' with Logan is overblown, lol. At best he always seems ready to hump her leg and she just has rarely if ever been truly into it (outside bad AUs). IMO she is not to blame for his torch.
    Yes, it is more on Logan's part. But we are judging everybody for everything and thruth is that she let herself go a few times and to this day (X-men Red annual) admited to feel something for him. That situation has even trascended the comics and is part of every media interpretation, so it isn't just a minor thing either.

as pointed before, more people in the world would know about it than about scemma or even jott, thanks to the movies and cartoons that forms a great part of the X-men's legacy on popular culture
    Last edited by fsger; 08-23-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    They haven't preferred her dead 'since the '80s' - Marvel literally forced the X-books to bring Jean back in the late 80s and after Shooter (the architect of her demise and the man who resurrected her) was forced out, they made her the central heroine of the franchise during its most profitable decade.

They did keep Jean dead for a remarkably long stretch in the 21st century, but she remained an integral character to the mythos who was utilized through a variety of stories and counterparts (Jeen, Hope, various Phoenix stories) and major movies, cartoons and merchandising until the original finally returned to great PR fanfare. She has never not been important, even in death. The reason she stayed dead for as long as she did is because a) the new paradigm in place with other characters became popular and b) some people have always thought the character is more impactful dead than alive. I certainly did. But she's back now and that's fine, because the X-Men franchise is not as myopic and poorly written as it was for most of the 90s.
    Charactes are always becoming popular and it never affected Jean

I really never believe that people who think Jean is better off dead like the character. Her sacrifice on the end of dark ophoenix has always being a excuse to ask for her death

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    She is alive now and that's what matters. I'm trying to explain why the sudden victimization
    1- Doesn't make sense
    2- Is being blamed on the wrong reasons
    3- Is only being manipulated to prop up, elevate and beneficiate characters that have nothing to do it.
    4- Works for nothing because she is alive now, why keep crying for things so long past?
    It's important to know why it happened so it won't happen again
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-24-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think it is because some people grew up on different periods where Jean was dead. For example more recently we had more than a decade without Jean. On that time Emma became hugely popular (scemma too). there are people who grew up on that era. The same with her first death.

For that people the X-men don't have Jean or can work without her.

At least is how I believe others see it.

edit: this is not what i think but me trying to see things from other people point of view.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-24-2019 at 12:58 PM.

I grew up on Jean super dead, but I find crazy that everytime she is dead they just create a readhead with green eyes that looks exactly like Jean.
    "Oh jean is dead, here is Rachel and Maddie"
    "screw Jean is dead again, time for a new redhead"
    "look Jean is dead again, time to being her teenage herself to the present"

That is because Jean is better off dead

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The fact that they keep making derivates about her shows that the X-men need her on some capacity.
    I was just sharing what i think could be other people point of view on that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The fact that they keep making derivates about her shows that the X-men need her on some capacity.
    I was just sharing what i think could be other people point of view on that subject.
    I can understand that, but I see many old fans saying the same thing

BANNED

When I started reading in the late '80s Jean was in X-Factor and had recently been dead, including in the back issues and older stories I devoured. She was not a major issue for the main book at that time, so while I recognized her importance I did not consider her being in the book or not being in it relevant.

As for whether I like her or not I don't care what you believe, lol. I hated her in the '90s because I felt the push of her and Scott as the First Couple of the X-Men after what he did to Maddy and their child was artificial and forced, and that she had been stripped of all personality she'd had pre-death to become a saint. The den mother take on Jean in the '90s never interested me and never will. I found her much more tolerable in the 2000s under Morrison and Claremont before she died because I felt Morrison dealt with the falsehood of that issue well and presented a more complex iteration of Jean, and I'm fine with her now because I think the character feels fresher today. I'm not so naive as to think Jean Grey will ever not be a factor in the X-Men franchise. Every time she was dead she was always there on some level. So I made my peace with Jean long ago.