Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The Ric thing astounds me for being greenlit. All this for a name? If you wanted to try and get a different nickname to catch on other than Dick, just have him start going by that name of his own volition, see what happens. Making it a dumb amnesia story where he goes "dark" (not like there's already two other dark Robins) was really tone-deaf.
    Meh, it just looks they don't care and are dragging stuff knowing they are rebooting/relaunching next year.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-22-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Some of the upcoming Year of the Villain one shots seem to have new people. Mark Russel feels like he’s starting to dip his toe in more mainstream books. Hopefully we’ll get some new blood there. And every month I pray that the Ric storyline finally ends.
    Kami Garcia seems to be getting more work with DC as well. Nothing ongoing yet, but the Raven graphic novel has done very well and she's got a Black Label thing coming soon.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The Ric thing astounds me for being greenlit. All this for a name? If you wanted to try and get a different nickname to catch on other than Dick, just have him start going by that name of his own volition, see what happens. Making it a dumb amnesia story where he goes "dark" (not like there's already two other dark Robins) was really tone-deaf.
    He was explicitly "Richard Grayson" for a little while during the New 52 and nobody liked it. Quietly reverted to "Dick."

They're so childish about the name. DC editorial are literally the only ones who care about his name being "Dick Grayson" being the butt of a joke. Most kids laugh once and then move on. DC is just so damn bothered by it that it's tragic they haven't matured.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The thing, that nobody seems to talk about. There is another plot point that is still hanging in the air. Jor el. What are they going to do with him now that jon is going on his merry way? Doomsday clock was also supposed to be tackled by Bendis. What's happening their? How on earth are they going to return jor el's status quo back? What about the kents returning is that happening or not? I don't know what's going on anymore.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    So I read the entire book today. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought. Reis kills it in a few scenes. The Rogol Zaar fight is great until the end... again. But it’s better than I expected. Still needs to just f’n be over but I found it works better than expected. I found some of the Jor El stuff far more frustrating.

I picked up Supergirl as well, but haven’t read it yet. I expect it clears up a few scenes in Superman that kinda just happen.
    Wait....how?

How did you read both? I thought Superman wasn't due out till next week, and I thought Supergirl wasn't out till like the week after or something.

If all of the dates are messed up in my house, phone, and computer......there are some very confused people in my life right now lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Wow, they took away Superman founding everything and gave it to Jon. Thanks, I hate it already. Unless Supergirl is in the Legion book I've changed my mind on buying it. I knew everyone saying "give Bendis a chance with Superman!" didn't have a clue. I've watched this guy destroy X-Men, I'm wise to his writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Wait....how?

How did you read both? I thought Superman wasn't due out till next week, and I thought Supergirl wasn't out till like the week after or something.

If all of the dates are messed up in my house, phone, and computer......there are some very confused people in my life right now lol
    They... uh... fell off the back of a truck.

A truck, huh?

Did that truck have an Amazon or eBay logo on it? LOL
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    A truck, huh?

Did that truck have an Amazon or eBay logo on it? LOL
    He had some good luck.

In case anyone is curious and doesn't want to wait until Sept. 4th, Supergirl spoilers:
    fills in a little bit more of the aftermath. The Legion scene comes in the middle of the book, which up to that point is basically the same as Superman #14 just from Kara's POV. She does talk about how Superman is kinda commanding the room and it is respected and whatnot. So it is clear that while the idea of the UP sprung from Jon, it most certainly will be Superman who puts it into action. Afterwards, it shows Kara talking to Starlord about what happened with Jon, basically saying that the Legion wants him to come to the future. Starlord is now ruler of Gandalo's former empire as well, temporarily at least. Kara then has a discussion with Superman about what is going to happen, while it's not confirmed, it seems like he's already been asked to be either the head of the UP or at least Earth's representative and is hesitant to do it. Kara gives him a little pep talk. Then kinda depressingly, Kara talks about how she finally feels good again, and wants to go back to Earth. Which she teleports back with Krypto having copied Jon's suit's teleportation tech. Which probably puts her right for the Leviathan Rising Special.

I say it's depressing, because Kara finally seems to get some closure, feels like she's in a good place and is headed back to be turned evil in this dumb YOTV nonsense. So that's where it leaves off. There was in fact no YOTV stuff in the book. And in the Legion, Lightening Lad is indeed shown as being black. So it will be interesting to see if that changes for the non-recalled version.
    end of spoilers

I'm so lucky to have been right there when this fell of the truck. Right place, right time. I should hang out in some Kansas corn fields, see what turns up.

In case anyone is curious and doesn't want to wait until Sept. 4th, Supergirl spoilers:
    fills in a little bit more of the aftermath. The Legion scene comes in the middle of the book, which up to that point is basically the same as Superman #14 just from Kara's POV. She does talk about how Superman is kinda commanding the room and it is respected and whatnot. So it is clear that while the idea of the UP sprung from Jon, it most certainly will be Superman who puts it into action. Afterwards, it shows Kara talking to Starlord about what happened with Jon, basically saying that the Legion wants him to come to the future. Starlord is now ruler of Gandalo's former empire as well, temporarily at least. Kara then has a discussion with Superman about what is going to happen, while it's not confirmed, it seems like he's already been asked to be either the head of the UP or at least Earth's representative and is hesitant to do it. Kara gives him a little pep talk. Then kinda depressingly, Kara talks about how she finally feels good again, and wants to go back to Earth. Which she teleports back with Krypto having copied Jon's suit's teleportation tech. Which probably puts her right for the Leviathan Rising Special.

I say it's depressing, because Kara finally seems to get some closure, feels like she's in a good place and is headed back to be turned evil in this dumb YOTV nonsense. So that's where it leaves off. There was in fact no YOTV stuff in the book. And in the Legion, Lightening Lad is indeed shown as being black. So it will be interesting to see if that changes for the non-recalled version.
    end of spoilers

I'm so lucky to have been right there when this fell of the truck. Right place, right time. I should hang out in some Kansas corn fields, see what turns up.
    Thanks for sharing! Given LL is black on the LoSH #1 cover I feel pretty confident in saying he will be black going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Given LL is black on the LoSH #1 cover I feel pretty confident in saying he will be black going forward.
    Yeah, I didn’t understand the narrative around that being the justification for the recall.

You won it. That's always the answer. You won it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

end of spoilers

Well at the very least, I can be sure that I'm not a time traveler from a week ago lol

And I gotta say I'm very happy with what I'm reading here (aside from the year of the villain stuff that's unrelated). The stuff regarding Clark is exactly the sort of confirmation that at least one person on here needed. And frankly I think I needed it too, because even though I felt pretty sure that Clark's role going forward would still be big and active given the spoilers from the collected preview (16-21), it was nice to get something closer to an in story confirmation.

The next 7 issues of Superman are gonna close to some of my most anticipated so far for a number of reasons.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well at the very least, I can be sure that I'm not a time traveler from a week ago lol

And I gotta say I'm very happy with what I'm reading here (aside from the year of the villain stuff that's unrelated). The stuff regarding Clark is exactly the sort of confirmation that at least one person on here needed. And frankly I think I needed it too, because even though I felt pretty sure that Clark's role going forward would still be big and active given the spoilers from the collected preview (16-21), it was nice to get something closer to an in story confirmation.

The next 7 issues of Superman are gonna close to some of my most anticipated so far for a number of reasons.
    I missed a "did you recently take a trip with your crazy grandpa" joke in there too.

And yeah, the conversation between Clark and Kara are definitely the high point of the book. Maguire's art is also obviously on point for this. There's good Zod material in both Supergirl and Superman. The way he is being used in both is solid.