Default Rob Lucci vs Hayato Furinji

Rob Lucci of the CP9 from One Piece takes on Hayato Furinji. They fight in 1960s Tokyo. Who takes it?

Alternative scenario: All of the CP9 take on Ryozanpaku in the same setting.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Erm...

I'm assuming this Lucci who's done things and not the theoretical stronger-post-timeskip Lucci right?

This is actually a pretty good match. Hayato lacks in range game a bit but he's a monster for stamina and speed.

I would personally give the edge to Lucci just by being more durable and strong myself but it's a close thing.

I'd also need to look over Hayato's feats to really be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Erm...

I'm assuming this Lucci who's done things and not the theoretical stronger-post-timeskip Lucci right?

This is actually a pretty good match. Hayato lacks in range game a bit but he's a monster for stamina and speed.

I would personally give the edge to Lucci just by being more durable and strong myself but it's a close thing.

I'd also need to look over Hayato's feats to really be sure.
    Thank you!

Yup. Rob Lucci post-timeskip is lacking in feats right now, so we'll go with how we was pre-timeskip.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...ible_superman/

Here's a few of his feats, for your ease of reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Thank you!

Yup. Rob Lucci post-timeskip is lacking in feats right now, so we'll go with how we was pre-timeskip.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...ible_superman/

Here's a few of his feats, for your ease of reference.
    Hmm... a lot of those I recalled.

My gut feeling is that... while Hayato is strong and hits like a truck, he's not any stronger than Luffy was at the time of Ennis Lobby and Lucci took tons of hits from him. Ergo, I don't see him being able to put Lucci down through brute force. Lucci has more options, a stronger range game and he can actually fly properly while Hayato only... kind of can sometimes...?

The only odd thing is speed. By far Hayato's best feat is the high speed camera thing, wherein he's still a blur even when slowed down 1000 times. That's pretty monstrous but I have no earthly idea how we'd work that out as comparing to Lucci. On gut feeling, it's faster but... eh... how consistent is it?

I'm backing Lucci myself.

That said, I recall that whole scene when Apachai is having a fight on two different floors of a restaurant at the time.

Hayato is... according to presentation at least... faster than Apachai.

So... maybe Hayato blitzes him... ?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'm gonna have to side with lucci here. hayato is strong but nowhere near the level of ennis lobby luffy.

i'm with nik about his speed. he could blizt him maybe but i'm not sure what he could do with it. lucci took dozens of hits from both baseline and gear second luffy and kept going. IMO, he only really got hurt when he ate a gear 3rd punch and he damn near passed out from it. i don't remember the old man hitting that hard.

i'm gonna have to refresh myself on him because sadly, all i remember from HSDK is tons and tons of fanservice.

One big issue for Luffy in his fight with Lucci was that Lucci was a bit faster than Luffy's base form and more skilled. This made Luffy whiff a lot of shots and get punished for it.

Here, Hayato is faster than base form Luffy by at least a fair bit and way more trained. I'm not sure I remember Hayato ever outright missing a strike unless it was part of one of those massive exchanges of fists.

I also figured that giving Hayato a cityscape would give him more opportunities to launch projectiles and climb to a higher vantage point amid cover.

On the other hand Hayato doesn't have the feats Luffy has for massive, massive soak either, so he has less room for error.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Master level fighters in HSDK tend to have durability WAAAAAY below their attack power, so that they tend to literally poke holes into Ryozanpaku-tier opponents with casual finger stabs. Meanwhile, Lucci took a beating that was way more impressive than anything in HSDK that I can remember without suffering any long term injury.

Basically, if they trade blows, Lucci would likely ignore the first hundred or so of Hayato's strikes (barring maybe esoteric skills, like his mind wipe trick) and Hayato may just flat out explode the first time Lucci lands a hit.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 08-20-2019 at 12:10 AM.

So Hayato Furinji has both a huge speed advantage and a special technique that basically autododges any attack without him even needing to see it. Rob Lucci, on the other hand, is just way too durable to Furinji to hurt with convention attacks. In this scenario, I see Furinji ultimately winning the fight on stamina alone. We've seen him fight for a week straight with no breaks and only split-second openings between combos to, like, bite bark off trees for sustenance. Rob is going to eventually drop from fatigue.

Alternately, Furinji could probably stab him with something sharp found or made in the environment--Lucci's only durability against sharp damage I recall are when he's consciously using tekkai.

Quick question regarding the rules: Furinji has a technique to give his opponents amnesia--would a fighter given amnesia in the rumble remember that they are supposed to be fighting?
    Last edited by Morning; 08-20-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    So Hayato Furinji has both a huge speed advantage and a special technique that basically autododges any attack without him even needing to see it. Rob Lucci, on the other hand, is just way too durable to Furinji to hurt with convention attacks. In this scenario, I see Furinji ultimately winning the fight on stamina alone. We've seen him fight for a week straight with no breaks and only split-second openings between combos to, like, bite bark off trees for sustenance. Rob is going to eventually drop from fatigue.
    I agree that this is totally viable. He's more than got the speed to play an effective keepaway game indefinitely.

Alternately, Furinji could probably stab him with something sharp found or made in the environment--Lucci's only durability against sharp damage I recall are when he's consciously using tekkai.
    While it's a smidge ABC logic, people in One Piece generally have a crazy resistance to cutting damage. Like... Zoro took a hit from Mr 1 that shredded the stones behind him and basically walked it off. I don't see Lucci being able to be hurt by sharp conventional stuff very easily.

Now if the Elder had a like... one of Shigure's swords for example? That I could see doing big damage to Lucci.

Quick question regarding the rules: Furinji has a technique to give his opponents amnesia--would a fighter given amnesia in the rumble remember that they are supposed to be fighting?
    I would think it depends on how complete the amnesia is. Lucci has that whole "dark justice annihilation," ethos thing going for him. He's not exactly hard to provoke into a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I would think it depends on how complete the amnesia is. Lucci has that whole "dark justice annihilation," ethos thing going for him. He's not exactly hard to provoke into a fight.
    Here you go: https://imgur.com/a/2rGvGqG

In these two instances, we see the amnesia can be as simple as forgetting what you were just doing or as complete as losing your entire background and identity.