Default Classic Strange vs. Godzilla

I know this has been done recently, but this time it's COMPOSITE Godzilla. Movies and comics and novels allowed.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Uh ... I still wanna say Classic Dr. Strange.

But also, Hellbat Planet Busting+ Godzilla ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

What's the best Godzilla has for feats?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    What's the best Godzilla has for feats?
    Probably IDW comic version has the best feats. "Godzilla in Hell".

In it, Space Godzilla and Godzilla blast each other and the combined energy shatters a planet. Later on (after falling into a deeper circle of Hell), Godzilla is fighting two Kaiju. He beats them, but they begin to heal. He realizes it's an endless battle so he blasts the "wall" of his current reality and manages to blow a hole in it for him to navigate deeper into hell. Hard to quantify, but it feels like mucking about with dimensional boundaries.

The /best/ feat of the series though is when he finds the exit to Hell, but it's got a mountain sized demon guarding it at the top of a enormous volcano. He is out of power at this point and can no longer charge his energy attacks. After disturbing a demon nest, he is consumed down to the bone by a swarm of demon bats. Through what seems like sheer force of will, he summons those same bats back to his body and uses them as his new flesh. The fleshy demon zilla then fires a super beam that smashes the top of the volcano to pieces, including the demon, and he walks home. His trials seemingly complete.

It was super trippy lol
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Hm.

Step one: Strange powers up the Crimson Bands and uses them as a shield. Said shields have, when weakened, withstood a supernova.

How are we feeling on that?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Hm.

Step one: Strange powers up the Crimson Bands and uses them as a shield. Said shields have, when weakened, withstood a supernova.

How are we feeling on that?
    Considering his planet busting beam? Sorry, half planet busting. Space Godzilla was involved. It was kind of like Surfer v Morg busting a planet.

Umm... between that and breaking the wall of a circle of Hell's reality... thing... He can probably blast through the bands? But not in one shot. More like I think he could wear them down after a few repeated strikes. It would give Strange breathing room to retaliate methinks.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Probably IDW comic version has the best feats. "Godzilla in Hell".

In it, Space Godzilla and Godzilla blast each other and the combined energy shatters a planet. Later on (after falling into a deeper circle of Hell), Godzilla is fighting two Kaiju. He beats them, but they begin to heal. He realizes it's an endless battle so he blasts the "wall" of his current reality and manages to blow a hole in it for him to navigate deeper into hell. Hard to quantify, but it feels like mucking about with dimensional boundaries.

The /best/ feat of the series though is when he finds the exit to Hell, but it's got a mountain sized demon guarding it at the top of a enormous volcano. He is out of power at this point and can no longer charge his energy attacks. After disturbing a demon nest, he is consumed down to the bone by a swarm of demon bats. Through what seems like sheer force of will, he summons those same bats back to his body and uses them as his new flesh. The fleshy demon zilla then fires a super beam that smashes the top of the volcano to pieces, including the demon, and he walks home. His trials seemingly complete.

It was super trippy lol
    I can't be certain, but I feel like there's *some* precedence in the movies for Godzilla doing something like that too, or at least close to metaphysical. A Godzilla historian would answer that better than me.

I know for sure that in the Netflix Anime movies, the climax involved him interacting with essentially that sort of realm since Ghidorah was a godly entity from beyond the universe.

I still want to give it to Strange but unlike most other Strange rumbles, Godzilla's likely to make it one heck of a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I can't be certain, but I feel like there's *some* precedence in the movies for Godzilla doing something like that too, or at least close to metaphysical. A Godzilla historian would answer that better than me.

I know for sure that in the Netflix Anime movies, the climax involved him interacting with essentially that sort of realm since Ghidorah was a godly entity from beyond the universe.

I still want to give it to Strange but unlike most other Strange rumbles, Godzilla's likely to make it one heck of a fight.
    Godzilla Earth was actually fairly helpless against his Ghidorah. The humans had to break Ghidorahs spiritual anchor before he could interact with the guy.

And yeah, Godzilla is full of metaphors and imagery even from his earliest incarnations. Some of it is quite powerful.
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

If Strange dumps him into the dark realm or something, does Godzilla have the capacity to come back? That hell stuff is interesting but I'm not sure of it qualifies exactly.

Astonishing Member

Can Strange selectively dump body parts - like your head? That would do it.